Page 1 of 2
Okay, post musicians that you know, who before playing music, had some big qualifications and jobs, I'll start.

Musician - Band - Instrument - Job

Brian May - Queen - Guitar - Astrophysician

Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden - Vocals - Writer/Author (wrote novels), Advertisement (aeroplane) pilot and he was on the British national fencing team.

anyone know other musicians like this?
Last edited by thedefrockednun at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by thedefrockednun
Astrophisist (spell?)

Jeebus.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
sorry, it's late, my keyboard is having a few problems, I'll correct the spelling mistakes right away, sorry guys.
Quote by thedefrockednun
sorry, it's late, my keyboard is having a few problems, I'll correct the spelling mistakes right away, sorry guys.

Worst excuse for spelling mistakes ever. Srsly.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by blue_strat
Bloody hell, learn how to spell.

yah...take some time out of ur day to spell correctly. its just embarrassing.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
I know that Mick Jagger was supposed to study Economics at the London School of Economics before he decided to be a full time rock star.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
One of the guys in The Offspring has a degree in Chemistry or Physics I think, and Jake Bannon from Converge has a degree in art of some form (I think it's either graphic design or Fine Art).
Tom Scholz, Boston, Guitar-Electronics engineer pilot and MIT grad and some other things I can't think of right now
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
no one spells it "Astrophisist" because of a faulty keyboard hahaha
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
--weezer?
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

Quote by Bair
no one spells it "Astrophisist" beIcause of a faulty keyboard hahaha

no, that's not why I made mistakes, I just type quickly and I didn't pay attention to/check for spelling.
Ok people, stop nitpicking the guy's spelling. Let's keep this potentially interesting thread on topic.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Quote by kurush
Ok people, stop nitpicking the guy's spelling. Let's keep this potentially interesting thread on topic.

THAK YOU!! you are my hero, and anyway, I corrected the mistakes.
Quote by thedefrockednun
THAK YOU!! you are my hero, and anyway, I corrected the mistakes.

Quote by thedefrockednun

Last edited by thedefrockednun : Today at 03:09 PM.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
tom morello rage against the machine guitar he has a degree in political science and worked for the gov't of california at some point im pretty sure
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
if your a good musician its likely to be all you do...
why guitarist are really really lazy and dont have jobs most of the time, and probably get average to below average grades....hey i fit all that

For Memories I'll Forget Tomorrow
Quote by texico11
i was going to say Brian May when i saw this thread, but he's already on there on the post

But i'm pretty sure all 4 of the members of Queen have degrees or something dont they?

Same here

I believe John Deacon has a qualification in engineering or something and Roger Taylor dropped out of med school when Queen hit off
Muhammed Suicmez has a masters in mechanical engineering.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Tom Morello went to Harvard for Political Science and moved to LA where he worked as an aid for the Governor.
Quote by thedefrockednun

I think it's actually Astrophysicist.... An Astrophysician would be like someone who goes into outer space and gives aliens physicals.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
poor TS

I know that all of Radiohead except Jonny Greenwood have degrees in something or other
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
tuomas holopainen did music theory for 11 years, but im not sure if he got any major qualifications from it
and till lindemann is a poet aswell as a qualified pyrotechnician
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by rich_sg
poor TS

I know that all of Radiohead except Jonny Greenwood have degrees in something or other

I think you have it the wrong way round. Johnny Greenwood is a resident composer and conductor for the BBC. Thats a pretty serious job if you ask me.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I think you have it the wrong way round. Johnny Greenwood is a resident composer and conductor for the BBC. Thats a pretty serious job if you ask me.

I said nothing about jobs, I said degrees. I was fully aware that Jonny (note the lack of an 'h' well, my boy) is the resident composer for the BBC.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Greg Graffin in Bad Religion has a ph.D .

Yeah, 'cause he does have pretty huge...

No but seriously, he has a degree. It's probably in religion studies or something like that.
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
most of the guys from linkin park are graphics designer people.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by buddyboombotz
Tom Morello went to Harvard for Political Science and moved to LA where he worked as an aid for the Governor.

read the thread i already said that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
greg graffin is a professor at either ucla or usc.

he has like 2 phd's.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
Quote by Bair
yah...take some time out of ur day to spell correctly. its just embarrassing.

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by wiki
Tom Cato Visnes, better known as King ov Hell (although also commonly referred to as King, its abbreviated form) or as TC King in the side project I, is a Norwegian musician, best known as the bassist and co-frontman of the 'Gaahl-fronted' version of Norwegian black metal band Gorgoroth. He works as a primary school teacher in Bergen, where he currently resides.

I don't see how anyone would feel comfortable with him teaching their kids.
Josh Homme took construction at college between Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age. Kyuss/Unida/Hermano singer John Garcia is a vet. Kyuss/Butcher bassist Scott Reeder runs a farm.
Johnny Marr? Hasn't he got a post a Cambridge?
Quote by LgLagro
You, you bring us both corm, and two hot russian gymnasts pretty much making out, you are a legend.

Limping Head Journalist and Proprietor of PitTown Cricket Club.

Keeping quiet about scandals since 2008.
Page 1 of 2