So yesterday I was with my guitarist recording the bass for the songs, and I wasn't always diggin the tone I was getting. Sometimes it fit the song, and others it wasnt what I was looking for. I was recording directly to the tape, because of a lack of DI jack on my amp. Then today I got to thinking would it be possible to use the headphone jack as some kind of a output? Like plug into my amp, then run a cable from my amp to the track recorder?
Yes it would be possible and seemingly practical, but I doubt it'll sound any better than it does already.
I've never heard a headphone jack on an amp sound good, but that was through headphones and maybe with some mastering it could sound alright...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by food1010
Yes it would be possible and seemingly practical, but I doubt it'll sound any better than it does already.

Yeah thats what I thought, it does seem practical, I just wanted to know if it would work at all. Working well is another issue, but if it can get the signal to the mixer then I should at least be able to play with it. This would only be a one maybe two time thing until I get my Acoustic with an actual direct out.