'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
yea, digitech grunge springs to mind

oh, please tell me the MS-2 isnt your serious amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Boss turbo distortion
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
4 now it is a friend of mine sold me an old fender frontman and it broke down so 4 now it is im getting a new one soon though
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
i'd put the money towards a nice tube amp

are you gigging and whats your budget?
im only 13 and still in the starving artist portion of my music so the ms-2 is fine for now im still playing in my bedroom
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
oic

tbh the MS-2 isnt the best and i cant imagine a distortion box would do it any favours
it is kinda crappy but im as good as broke
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I wouldn't put a pedal in front of that. Just save up for a good tube amp.
If you can have your parents lend you a bit of cash, i'd jump on the sale on Crate V series at MF.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
lol my parents will loan me money when pigs fly
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I know the feeling. I can get a pretty OK grunge tone using a Digitech Grunge pedal through my 10W amp. Maybe you could look into one. Or a Boss DS-1, which is what Kurt Cobain used.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Unlike the people who are just telling you

GET AN AMP!!!!

Im actually going to help you (although you really should get a new amp if you want the pedal to do any justice). I played a digitech grunge today and they are actually pretty good distortion pedals, I played lounge act and in bloom while messing with it and it sounded really good.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'd say keep it between the DS-1 and the DigiTech Grunge. The DS-1 probably has a little more ultimate distortion, but the Grunge is great bang for your buck. Either way, get one of the two and you'll be happy.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Kurt used either a DS-1 or DS-2, I don't know which one, but I'm fairly certain it's one of the two. If you want a nirvana type tone look into those.
Keeping it real since '92
He used both at various points, but mostly the DS-1.
Quote by Cathbard
Kurt used both DS-1 (pre nevermind) DS-2 (post nevermind) but the DS-2 was alsway in the Turbo I setting,

as for my sugestion i played a lot of nirvana on my old cruddy 10 watt amp, and teh Ds-2 or 1 should do you fine

cheers
ginger
thx i actually just tried them both out at a friends house and i think i prefer the ds1 but even that i wont be buying just yet iv decided i should focus on an amp atm
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
thx everyone
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Could we stop recommending "tube amps" to kids with little to no money who play in their bedrooms? Ridiculous.
These go to eleven...
Quote by shadow__666
I'd say keep it between the DS-1 and the DigiTech Grunge. The DS-1 probably has a little more ultimate distortion, but the Grunge is great bang for your buck. Either way, get one of the two and you'll be happy.

DS-1 im pretty sure is the same price as the digitech.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^