Page 1 of 2
I am a huge fan of his, and he is one of my main influences... i think he his and lets review the facts:

Frontman for one of the greatest and most succesful rock bands today, Foo Fighters

Drummer for a legendary band: Nirvana

and has also done work with:

1 With Freak Baby
2 With Mission Impossible
3 With Dain Bramage
4 With Scream
5 With Nirvana
6 As Late!
7 With Buzz Osborne
8 With The Backbeat Band
9 With Mike Watt
10 With The Stinky Puffs
11 With Foo Fighters
12 As David Grohl
13 With Tony Iommi
14 With Tenacious D
15 With Queens of the Stone Age
16 With David Bowie
17 With Cat Power
18 With Killing Joke
19 As Probot
20 With Garbage
21 With Nine Inch Nails
22 With Pete Yorn
23 With Juliette and the Licks

and he also plays drums, piano, guitar, and bass

(like me haha)

i am such a follower of him..i am a front man for a band and rhythem guitarist ...heck every person at guitar center tells me i look like him, thanks to my beard and hair haha but he seems like a cool person and whould be cool to hang out with
dude. people tell me the same thing about looking like him. it's ALWAYS a good ego boost. He is one of my absolute idols, a god in my eyes.

He can do no wrong.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
I just wanna give him a hug.

And I had no idea he could play piano... Plus, he said himself that he sucks at bass.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Dave's pretty cool. for sure.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I think he was an awesome drummer for Nirvana but I don't really like the Foo Fighters/

What did he do with Tony Iommi?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Dave Grohl is the most likable musician alive, no one on the face of the earth dislikes the guy, he's successful and can write a good pop song and occasionally (once) can write a stroke of genius (Everlong.)
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
Quote by smb
He's not a living legend. He's a popular musician.

What exactly do you define a legend as?
Quote by black-sabbath
What did he do with Tony Iommi?
He sang a song on Iommi's self-titled solo album.
Quote by food1010
What exactly do you define a legend as?
"An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical."
Quote by Something_Vague
Dave Grohl is the most likable musician alive, no one on the face of the earth dislikes the guy, he's successful and can write a good pop song and occasionally (once) can write a stroke of genius (Everlong.)

I would say he's had more strokes of genius than just Everlong. But Everlong is still the best thing he's ever written, I'd say.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by smb
"An unverified story handed down from earlier times, especially one popularly believed to be historical."

You can also change that to a dead man/woman, who has had a significant impact on their society or something. Dave isn't dead yet, so no legendary status yet.
Quote by Hendrix=God
You can also change that to a dead man/woman, who has had a significant impact on their society or something. Dave isn't dead yet, so no legendary status yet.

Hence "LIVING legend"...

God, do I have to spell out everything for you people?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by MrGoodyear812
Dave Grohl..living Legend?

Meh. Good drummer. Foo Fighters were decent, but the new LP sucks (IMO). The only thing that makes him legendary is that he got away with murdering Kurt Cobain...
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
That's the lame Kurt murder theory ever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
He is one of my heroes, he writes such good music.

And TS you forgot that he played drums with tom petty, unless i missed that on your list.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by element4433

It was a joke. And lovely grammar, BTW
------------------------------------------------------- ~ UG's Nirvana Fangirl ~ -------------------------------------------------------

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Quote by element4433

I support that theory.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Dave's drumming on QOTSA's Songs for the Deaf is some of the best I've ever heard.
Awesome vocals, guitar playing, and drumming.
He will be remembered.

I read a book about him and Nirvana
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Quote by Flann
Dave's drumming on QOTSA's Songs for the Deaf is some of the best I've ever heard.
It's not all that. Especially since the cymbals were recorded separately and Gene Trautman did the drumming on Millionaire and Go with the Flow.
Dave Grohl is a someone I would like to be friends with, because he plays/played in some of my favorite bands and seems like a rather cool guy. But legend, no.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by break-me-in
I just wanna give him a hug.

And I had no idea he could play piano... Plus, he said himself that he sucks at bass.

Have you listened to the new album?
Quote by Skirvy
Have you listened to the new album?

Yes, the second I heard Home I knew it was Dave playing piano, rather the hundreds of other people it could be.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by smb
It's not all that. Especially since the cymbals were recorded separately and Gene Trautman did the drumming on Millionaire and Go with the Flow.

Fairly sure the cymbals being recorded separately is because he likes doing it that way to make it easier to mix right.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Grunge_Girl21
Meh. Good drummer. Foo Fighters were decent, but the new LP sucks (IMO). The only thing that makes him legendary is that he got away with murdering Kurt Cobain...

lol thats the most dumbest and stupiest thing I acually ever heard,

tell me one reasoun why he would do that?
and a teory how the god damn would he get away with it ha thats susha random post or whata hell did u think ;O

About Dave,

a good song writter, even if he dont really enjoy write, I heard in interviews, but somehow he has to enjoy it hehe.

he has a awesome voice and a great spirit, he have done so many good songs and been in so many awesome projects.

He has been in one o the most revolution rock band ever, nirvana. After that he made the foos and become one of the biggest rock band in the wold, in my eyes that makes him to a rock legend, for me a pattern! some one to look up to! his opinion on everything is just incredible.

His indeed a legen in my eyes!
Great guy, great musician
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
He was the real talent of Nirvana, more than Kurt Cobain. Foos are OK, I love Best of You. And the fact that he drums for Tenacious D makes him officially a certified Legend.
I'd say he's more of a legend for his personality as opposed to his talent.
Terms and Conditions apply.
yeah..... i love dave. Page and Jones played with him at wembley. He was crying during best of you. That just shows he loves his fans. He is nice, funny, kind and doesn't seem like an ass. He loves what he does.
hes damn good, theres no arguing it, but i would not call him a legend.
he's just very likeable
▲I had a friend once
►He took some acid
▼Now he thinks he's a fire engine
You forgot Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers....If it counts, he played drums with 'em on SNL...

Dave Grohl is awesome....He's so versatile and cool....
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

There is nothing that great about him IMO.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Page 1 of 2