Hiya, I was wondering if the Ibanez sgt120 Sage Series Acoustic guitar was a good beginner guitar. I've started teaching myself to play guitar a few months ago on an old classical guitar with dinged strings, anyway, please give me your input.=Þ Here it is-

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=512326&page=1&sc=date&so=desc
Last edited by JakoDog92 at Aug 30, 2008,
I too would like an opinion about this guitar.
I am thinking of learning to play the guitar (nothing serious), so not looking to spend a lot of money.

Would this be a good choice for absolute beginner? Is there anything better?
most people on here say that its not a good idea to buy ibanez acoustics....I mayself really dont have an opinion because I dont have much experience with the. but if it doesnt cost too much and it sounds good to you, then it would be a good beginner guitar....
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
The best beginner brand would be Yamaha, in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of other members around the board would also agree with me. Yamaha makes great beginner guitars for a pretty good price.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by captivate
The best beginner brand would be Yamaha, in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of other members around the board would also agree with me. Yamaha makes great beginner guitars for a pretty good price.

True, true. Like the Yamaha F-310 which has a great sound. especially with a good set of strings. It plays a lot of genres too. I love mine.=D
I swear by my Alvarez RD8, but I've heard good things from Yamaha acoustics. If you really want an Ibanez, I'd get one of the acoustic-electric models, they're generally better.
Ibanez acoustics are definitely form over function I have found, they tend to use good looks to reel noobies into buying them. I would definitely go for the Yamaha
Ok I think i will skip Ibanez for now and look at Yamaha, I heard there sposed to have good guitars for beginners
i recommend against ibanez. my friend has one, but he got a deal on it and he's happy with his tone.

i don't think i would buy an acoustic with his tone. mine to me feels like inbetween a martin and a taylor. it's not too bright and not too mellow/warm.

yamahas are some of the highest quality low end guitars.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Ok so I won't buy Ibanez for a beginner guitar, too many negative reports. Does the Washburn D10 have places to attach a strap? If not how do i get those in?