i was looking around musicians friend and i looked for a gibson flying v faded
the ones that were about $600, and Musicians friend says theyve been discontinued

anyone know why?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
i know, i was asking him if the reason was anywhere, without having to email them
Quote by guitardude34875
the "vintage mahogany" products that Gibson makes are made exclusively for Musicians Friend and their parent company (Guitar Center).
If you contacted Musicians Friend they may have an answer for you.

***It's not the "faded" products, but the "vintage mahogany" products***
Last edited by timbre at Aug 29, 2008,
Quote by timbre
the "faded" products that Gibson makes are made exclusively for Musicians Friend and their parent company (Guitar Center).
If you contacted Musicians Friend they may have an answer for you.

no..................................... the sam ash near me sell em and they are GC's (and every store thing GC owns) only competitor that my friend is false
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I am wrong! Thanks for pointing that out. It's NOT the "faded" products but the "vintage mahogany" products that I believe are distributed by MF and GC. I think that's the flying V that he was asking about.
Quote by timbre
I am wrong! Thanks for pointing that out. It's NOT the "faded" products but the "vintage mahogany" products that I believe are distributed by MF and GC. I think that's the flying V that he was asking about.

they make a mahogany V?
im talking about the faded ones
Quote by guitardude34875
They make the Mahogany LP, I've never seen the mahogany Flying V.
I guess it was maybe because the Faded V wasn't a big seller?

They do make a Faded V with 3 pickups for 824$ though, if you were interested.
Last edited by Rocker_94 at Aug 29, 2008,
I had one of the Vs. Must of been made of s***/scrap mahogany as it had an anchor in the lower strap button to hold the pin in... screw that. Played good and sounded nice, but besides that you could also tell they did a swimming pool under the pickguard to save weight as it sounded kind of hollow under there. They used to be alright deals when they were $580... I got mine down to $500. But I doubt they sold any at the new price of $700 or whatever it was they wanted when the non-faded with a bit nicer build quality was about $400 away.
would it be in the same ballpark as the mahogany les paul studio?
Quote by guitardude34875