How would i put together a song.
Like what does Death metal need as in verses,bridges,and choruses?I have riffs and stuff everythings on the same beat but i don't know how death metal works.
Do it like you think it will sound good, there is no "system" of how death metal works, in death metal.
listen to a song?
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
i wouldnt go by a 'formula', just do what feels right and whatever flows together. theres no step by step to music that you are restricted to follow, if its something new to you then experiment with it.
Why are you trying to write a song in such a specific sub-sub-genre if you obviously haven't heard/don't know much about it?
Quote by Masonpwiley
Death metal doesn't usually follow a pattern.

This, it's death metal, do whatever you want, as long as it's technical it's good.
Quote by DonCorleone72
Why are you trying to write a song in such a specific sub-sub-genre if you obviously haven't heard/don't know much about it?

I know alot about death metal actually,just not song writing for any genre. I just felt like learning about it today.Usually when i write songs i just play what sounds good to me and however it comes out . Just thought it would help to know more thats all.
If there were a "formula" or "system" to putting one together it would be, power chords, too much distortion, pinch harmonics and palm mutes.
Keeping it real since '92
Quote by Toolfan11
If there were a "formula" or "system" to putting one together it would be, power chords, too much distortion, pinch harmonics and palm mutes.

god damn... you're retarded.

theres no system or formula to death metal. Lots of different bands do it differently and are regarded as "death metal". Death metal usually sounds very dark, has its very fast riffing, slower atmospheric parts (examples: Obituary, Morbid Angel), and solos. Not a lot of breakdowns though... thats for hardcore and metal core.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
god damn... you're retarded.

theres no system or formula to death metal. Lots of different bands do it differently and are regarded as "death metal". Death metal usually sounds very dark, has its very fast riffing, slower atmospheric parts (examples: Obituary, Morbid Angel), and solos. Not a lot of breakdowns though... thats for hardcore and metal core.

Morbid Angel for the win dude. I hate that deathcore ****.
Death metal can be easily played with your strings tuned like 4 octaves down, gain turned all the way up, mids scooped, and chugga chugga on the lowest strings
Quote by FireandFlames
Death metal can be easily played with your strings tuned like 4 octaves down, gain turned all the way up, mids scooped, and chugga chugga on the lowest strings

-1. That's deathcore.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
-1. That's deathcore.

deathcore includes pig squeals

I was more referring to something like Nile with my post...
Learn the Harmonic Minor Scale, and play a lot of diminished chords. Learn to tremolo pick and play fast. Basically, that's really all you have to do. Tuning is completely up to you. I would take Opeth's approach if I were you: don't play traditional Death Metal. Play what sounds best to you. Don't be like everyone else. Once you learn to write original stuff centered around a heavy sound, then you will be extremely happy with yourself.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by DespisedIcon
Not really.

Then what is it?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Just connect your heaviest riffs, if the construction is weird tell people it's progressive.
To play Death metal, i just put my guitar in baritone or standart B tuning and Listen songs of carcass or ebony tears, and just play very fast especially with tremolo, it sounds great , and try it with a minor harmonic scale , and make some evil , melancholic riffs , also you can put a acoustic part or other acoustic instruments like a violin or others and put it mixed with fast riffs of pain , and there you go a good mix of death metal guitar

about other things anybody here knows about ebony tears i have only 16 songs
and i only know nothing about these guys i just need to know in what band are they now.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

IT COMES, THE PANDEMONAENON IS COMING
SAVE YOURSELF
down tune the guitar like hell, chugga chug chug, random pinch harmonec and rape the whammy bar for solos and combine with vomiting noises to get the ultimate death metal song.

real metal ftw
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking