ok well ive been thinking of getting lessons, and im wondering, what exactly do you do at them?

So far I can pretty much play most of the stuff I want to learn so I dont know what I would gain through lessons.

What do you do at lessons pretty much?

Thanks in advance

~GxT
Quote by Dictionary.com

Lesson:
–noun
1. a section into which a course of study is divided, esp. a single, continuous session of formal instruction in a subject: The manual was broken down into 50 lessons.
2. a part of a book, an exercise, etc., that is assigned to a student for study: The lesson for today is on page 22. He worked assiduously at his music lesson.
3. something to be learned or studied: the lessons of the past.
4. a useful piece of practical wisdom acquired by experience or study: That accident certainly taught him a lesson in careful driving.
5. something from which a person learns or should learn; an instructive example: Her faith should serve as a lesson to all of us.
6. a reproof or punishment intended to teach one better ways.
7. a portion of Scripture or other sacred writing read or appointed to be read at a divine service; lection; pericope.
–verb (used with object)
8. to teach; instruct; give a lesson to.
9. to admonish or reprove.

Quote by Steve The Plank

Lol did that guy delete his post?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I haven't took guitar lessons, but I know they show you some scales, excercises for warming up, chords, songs etc...
I take lessons to learn guitar theory and to broaden my horizons as a musician. Obviously, an instructor will show you scales, modes, and all of the essentials to learning the guitar, and usually you can find someone who will teach you based on your needs. My guitar instructor knows I play mostly metal, but he's also teaching me jazz chords and jazz theory because I am interested in that as well. I definitely recommend getting lessons if you haven't had any just because it will help you shift from simply being a guitarist to being a musician.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by (Metal)lica
Lol did that guy delete his post?

Steve was quoting dictionary.com, showing the OP what the word lesson means...

@OP I am taking lessons, just tell the guy/girl what you know and they will teach you from there. Mostly you will learn scales, and theory with songs mixed in to drive off boredom.
Gear
Jackson Dinky DKMGT Transparent Black
Quote by Copilot911
Steve was quoting dictionary.com, showing the OP what the word lesson means...

@OP I am taking lessons, just tell the guy/girl what you know and they will teach you from there. Mostly you will learn scales, and theory with songs mixed in to drive off boredom.

Oh I thought there was a UG member named Dictionary.com that went around pasting definitions on thread.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

i was using lessons to learn mostly theory and reading music, so i would assume thats the main stuff. some people only get lessons to learn songs
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well its totally defendant on the teacher, some will be classically trained musicians and know a lot about theory, some might like to teach songs more and develop rhythm or lead stuff, whatever they like to teach though you will learn something so its not a terrible thing. I am actually meant to have a lesson right now but someone tried breaking into my house last night, I cant find my teachers number to tell him im gunna miss it as well i feel really bad
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube