Hey UG, I just got a job and now finally have some cash for a new guitar so I've been thinking and narrowed it down to these two:

PRS Paul Allender

ESP LTD H-1001

Basically, where I live I can't try either of these out before I buy so I need your input. I only need this guitar for metal (stuff like Misery Signals and older The Human Abstract) so I don't care about versatility. Also, the PRS having a trem bridge doesn't matter to me, I'm not going to use it anyway, so don't be like "get the one with the whammy!!!11" The main things that are important to me is overall build quality, playability, and ability to stay in tune. Also, I don't know if it matters, but I'm used to playing guitars with LP style necks.

EDIT: and don't be like "get a new amp," thats under control.
Last edited by OThugSd at Aug 29, 2008,
LP style as in slim taper or 58/59 boatnecks?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
then neither of those. they have pretty thin necks. I'd say that in that range you should get a Schecter Blackjack ATX, it's got a thicker neck. similar to the epi neck profile, but a tiny bit thinner.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.