i wana remove the ink print off a squire neck head i have. its already a little fvcked up and i would rather have it blank. if i sand it, will i have to refinish the head? will it take off any of the stain? its got a yellowish tint to it on a maple neck. it matters very little if it gets ****ed up, so im thinking of just sanding it anyways.

i guess what should i sand it with? grain wise? or is there a better somehting to use?

edit: if i took all the hardwear off the head, sanded it down to the wood could i just oil finish the head? would that be a good enough seal or do i need more of a finish
Last edited by chris024 at Aug 29, 2008,
Yes, it will be whiter than the rest of the headstock, but apparently that's not really an issue for you.
I would start out with some 220 and move into higher grains (>500) after that.
ok thanks... i already pulled all the hardware off, i'll take pictures and post it all when im done.

edir: i might even play with some stains and see how much i can really fvck it up.
i sanded it down, threw 2 coats of oil on it so far, gonna sand it a bit, since i think theres a bit of finish around where the hean curves up to the nut.
Quote by Invader Jim
Unless you want your anus raped by Fender's lawyers, I'd advise against putting a Fender decal (or any other brand's logo) in its place. Seriously.

im not putting anything on it. its still got the serial number and trademark on the back. it was a $30 tele custom i bought a few months ago ive been working on learning wiring and whatnot. just kinda got bored tonight and decided to **** with it.
Last edited by chris024 at Aug 29, 2008,
ended up putting 4 coats of oil. im done with it. looks good, putting hardware back on in 15 mins or so.
Quote by Invader Jim
Unless you want your anus raped by Fender's lawyers, I'd advise against putting a Fender decal (or any other brand's logo) in its place. Seriously.

He can do whatever he wants, unless he plans on selling it. I do think F3nder would be pretty funny though..
Quote by chris024
ended up putting 4 coats of oil. im done with it. looks good, putting hardware back on in 15 mins or so.

You have given me hope sir. I am getting a project Strat and wanted to do the exact same thing.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Invader Jim
From what I remember, you can't do that even if there is no personal gain, monetary or otherwise. Eh. Idc anymore.

I'm sure it isn't that big of a problem if you keep it. There's tons of knock off guiutars on Ebay and they don't even get all of them, so what's the chances of a Fender lawyer walking into his house.

That's the way I see it anyways, it shouldn't be too big of a problem I'd imagine.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.