Page 1 of 2
I know most people hate it, but i cant get enough of that super 80's generic wicked clean tone with so much chorus !

Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Ohhh mannn... I love Entombed and Bloodbath's distorted to just pretty much noise guitar tone.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
Ohhh mannn... I love Entombed and Bloodbath's distorted to just pretty much noise guitar tone.

It sounds like a robot farting. But damned if it ain't cool.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
i love super crunchy and sharp, like as i lay dying's.....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Quote by SkyValley
It sounds like a robot farting. But damned if it ain't cool.

Oh hell, this.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Mark Knopfler or Eric Clapton cleans
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
some blusey reverby tone always gets me
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

every now and then i like turning the treble and bass all the way up ad killing the mid, like a hardcore kid.
Quote by Metabolic575
every now and then i like turning the treble and bass all the way up ad killing the mid, like a hardcore kid.

Oh god, i did that on my Mesa for ****s and giggles, and i swear to god it was dying..
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I absolutely hate any crunch at all in my distortion tone.
I love pure smooth saturated dist.

Also cant get enough of that sparkly bass at 4 treble at 8 clean tone, add some slow deep chorus, and a very light, mega slow phase on top of it with a slight reverb and ill fall in love.
Cleans with ENORMOUSLY HUGE amounts of delay and chorus...so it makes that cheesy 80's clean tone.
Heavy Distortion with loads of low end. Not too much though, don't want to drown out the highs. Ohh and chorus. Lots and lots of chorus!

I guess my solos are more like OD than distortion. I use the DS-1 with the DigiTech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive. Great...just LOVE it!
mega dist, scooped eq and craploads of chorus reverb, power ballads anyone?
Cheesy sounding leads with delay, reverb and chorus...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Teh GIR
I know most people hate it, but i cant get enough of that super 80's generic wicked clean tone with so much chorus !

HEY! Robert Smith's all chorusy clean tone is absolute sex.
zakk wylde's distortion
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
I love Avenged Sevenfold's solo tones.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I love generic 80's power ballad solo tones, just super saturated with tons of delay.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Phaser.... EVH style.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I like a distortion sound that is on the verge of metal. Or rather, metal, but with lower gain. It's odd, because I don't play metal.

I enjoy reverb, and alot of bass. Tons of mids.

I like it to be really tight and smooth at the same time. (No jokes about this sentence!)
Quote by jakewynnrocks
i love super crunchy and sharp, like as i lay dying's.....

Quote by Dr LeBrun
Mark Knopfler or Eric Clapton cleans

These two are my probably my favorite tones, but not really to guilty about either. I like to plug my guitar into a solid state amp, put a little distortion on it, turn the tone all the way down. Put on a flanger and maybe some chorus. And try to get the sound that resembles a modern techno synth.
Clean channel, pickup selector inbetween my Air Norton and Blue Velvet, cheesy-sounding acoustic effect on my ZOOM G2, and LOTS of phase from my EVH Phase 90.

Love it.
Guilty pleasures?
Hmmm, probably Rory Gallagher's late live tone, it's terrible (I actually can't stand anything after McAvoy and Oneill left) inways, but I love it.
Though you can't beat his 70s Fender Bassman tone.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I absolutely hate any crunch at all in my distortion tone.
I love pure smooth saturated dist.

+1!

I happen to have a fetish for the newer Carlos Santana tone,

Watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdwCIld3kE

That tone is just beautiful.

I love creamy smooth, tight distortion.
I guess I'd say Nirvana. I like it, the sound matches the music.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Guilty pleasures?
Hmmm, probably Rory Gallagher's late live tone, it's terrible (I actually can't stand anything after McAvoy and Oneill left) inways, but I love it.
Though you can't beat his 70s Fender Bassman tone.

Like that Shadow Play one that's really fuzzy? I love it so much, even if it is terrible

I like this 'quack' I get off my Strat, it's soo cooooool!!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
that 80's Crunch with slight reverb...also, it has to be played through a Les Paul. And if you don't know, Guns N' Roses is a great example...anytime during a song when Slash has his guitar on the Neck pup...

I like the clear, yet crunchy sound...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I love generic 80's power ballad solo tones, just super saturated with tons of delay.

Same here.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Sometimes I like to scoop the mids and set the gain on 10 on my old solid state amp to see how bad it sounds.
Saint Louis Blues
Page 1 of 2