When i just playing i can feel the pick slide down my fingers with every strum.... so then i stop readjusted the pick and hold it tighter... but now when i hold it tighter it's harder to strum... or i strum more agressively ( i don't know why?).... but it still ends up slipping outta my fingers.... help me please... any secret tips or something i don't know? thanks
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
If its a problem, you might want to change picks. There are some that you can get with grips on the side. Check out Dava Picks. They don't sound quite as good as a standard Tortex, but if you want the grip, go for it.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
well I have days like that too...when I'm nervous and stuff.
make sure u play with fun and relaxed.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
consider fingerpicking

?

but in all seriousness

try some pics with grips

it helps
There is some stuff called Gorilla Snot that helps you grip your pick better. Try to find some. otherwise, grip picks will help.
well i've been using dunlop nylon .60mm and they ave some grip on them, right?
In your eyes I see the darkness that tourments you, and in your head where it dwells, I'll give you my hand if you reach out and grab it, let's walk away from this hell.
Quote by StratoTele
How do you hold your pick?

Perpendicular to your thumb or not?

pretty much...
that would work better if i was playing rock star music lol
Ultex picks are pretty grippy. better than the dunlop nylons in my opinion.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i like cool picks they have a grip area roughly the same texture as sandpaper. also you can scratch the regular tortex style picks with a razor blade or steak knife in a cross hatched pattern oh and as always there is that dreaded p word practice and refining your technuique.
This was a BIG problem for me in the beginnning, believe me, after time you'll be able to hold on to it without even thinking. You just need to get used to it, it takes time. Good luck man.