I saw the SG thread, and I decided that the Pacifica deserves its own thread too.
The Pacifica is a series of guitars manufactured by Yamaha. It is known for being an extremely popular beginner guitar due to it's small price tag.
I just got mine today (my first guitar), and I love it.
Use this thread to discuss any things that you love/hate about this guitar, or to help solve any Pacifica related problems you may have.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
I have a 412v. I love it.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
My friend's dad had one, it was awesome.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
The 412v is pretty nice. It looks luxurious.
I was in between a Squier Strat and the Pacifica. Im happy with the choice I made, however, I do realise that the Squier is probably a bit better quality...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
This thread almost died with only 2 replies...
Pitiful.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
i have the 012, it sounds fantastic, i probably have twice as much hours on than on my strat, and thats since i've had my strat. it just feels that good, i love the neck.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Yeah, it does sound great! Im still learning how to play it though. Its my first guitar...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
screw it, I'm in. Here's pics of the late 80's brother to the Pacifica:

I could own this thing for the rest of my life. Not too much bottom-end, but nice strat tones, jazzy and bluesy, and snarls with the humbucker. And I don't think any other guitar I've ever tried out or played has a neck and frets as slick as mine; soooooo smooth to play.
finally a place for us beginners and folks on a budget.

I got my PAC112 for $110 and it's great. Nice and light, ergonomic, and is very verasatile. I wish i could get a lower action on it without fret buzz, but for the price you cant complain.
Attachments:
0807081920.jpg
I once hit a man in Dearborn. Michigan. A hit and run. I hit him and just kept on goin. I don't know if he's alive or dead. But I'm sorry. Not a day goes by i don't see his face.
Yeah, it is a great guitar for the price tag!
I heard the guitarist in Muse uses a Pacifica...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
I have one. Was charged $310 for it. It truly is a piece of ****. The 5 way switch keeps losing the pickups, the humbucker sound is weak, the single coils are worse than those of the First Act guitars. I feel scammed as I bought it when I was beginner.
$310 seems a bit pricey... Did you buy it recently?
Its not a piece of trash though. It has a fantastic sound, and feel. Remember, its only a begginner guitar. You wont get the same out of a Pacifica then you would an SG.
Im proud to say that my Yamaha packs quite the punch, and Im glad I bought it!
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
P.S.- The Pacifica doesnt use humbuckers. They do the same thing but at a lower (but still decent) quality.
And my pickup switch works great!
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
Quote by NICK.IS.SICK
P.S.- The Pacifica doesnt use humbuckers. They do the same thing but at a lower (but still decent) quality.
And my pickup switch works great!

I'm pretty sure most or at least some of them have a humbucker in the bridge.
I have an older pacifica 712. Paid about 400.00 for it back in 94'. Its an h-s-h with a fr bridge. Has been through 3 kids and still plays as well as the day I bought it. I was recently looking to replace it ,but could not find anything that is better without spending upwards of about $700.00.
I will own a Pac 112v one day, or the tele version (pac 402s), but the tele versions are veeeeery hard to find.

Btw, does yamaha have any signature guitars?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Last edited by kranoscorp at Sep 7, 2008,
I have a 112, was my first guitar, and its f**king brilliant, would recommend to any one starting guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Started on a 112J. It now has a set of 12s in Eb tuning - my (failed) attempt at trying to sound like SRV. The new V looks like a big improvement - the ceramic pickups on the J are a bit poo.

I think 112Vs are generally better than Squier strats - and more flexible too.

I believe jazzer Mike Stern has (or had) a Yamaha tele-shape sig.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Last edited by pEdAl2 at Sep 7, 2008,
Yeah, the Pac is tons better than a Squier Strat from a sound POV...
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
i got a 112J for my first electric guitar about a year ago and i love it!
i was looking at a squier for a while but im glad i got my pac.
and those tele versions look awesome!
of course my ultimate goal is to become a rock god and have more lps than i can count, but that wont be for a while! lol
I bought my 8 year old daughter one last month (Pacifica 112) in electric orange. she played it a couple of times and quit
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
The Pacifica series are great guitars with some great features.
The 500, 700, 900, and 1200 series all have a very sweet neck joint that allows great upper fret access.
The 900 and 1200 have Dimarzios from the factory.
Some have locking tuners, brass trem blocks, carbon graphite rods to stiffen the neck, and all the above have premium solid body woods.
I won't even get into the 1400 series which are a work of art in every aspect.

I own a 1212 and a 912 you can see in my profile.