I want to swap out the PU's in my LP. The 496 and 500 are just too strong. I've already got a seymour duncan 59' for the neck. What would be a good pickup for the bridge position?

I don't like metal , mostly classic rock and I play through a jcm800.

thanks
alnico pro?
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

+1 to the Custom 5. it's the SH-14.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by angusslashdime
alnico pro?

what is the alnico pro? brand?

and wouldn't the sh-14 be a little strong to match the 59'?
Quote by GoDrex
allnico pro 2 are SD's

also, why not another '59?

sd-14 is a pretty hot pickup

I've not completely ruled that out but I thought I might go for something a little different for the bridge, possibly a little stronger?
Quote by protech487
(A) what is the alnico pro? brand?

(B)and wouldn't the sh-14 be a little strong to match the 59'?

A - The Alnico II Pro is a Seymour Duncan.

B - Not really. It's not that hot of a pickup, honestly. Besides, you generally have a more powerful pickup in the bridge. Any difference in output is balanced by 2 things:
1 - the fact that the strings ring more freely in the neck position than in the bridge. The higher output actually helps make the bridge as hot as the neck pickup.

2 - any output differences can usually be balanced out by messing with the pickup heights.
Here is a guide on that:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/naazrael/pickupheight.jpg
Quote by forsaknazrael
A - The Alnico II Pro is a Seymour Duncan.

B - Not really. It's not that hot of a pickup, honestly. Besides, you generally have a more powerful pickup in the bridge. Any difference in output is balanced by 2 things:
1 - the fact that the strings ring more freely in the neck position than in the bridge. The higher output actually helps make the bridge as hot as the neck pickup.

2 - any output differences can usually be balanced out by messing with the pickup heights.
Here is a guide on that:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p315/naazrael/pickupheight.jpg

yeah, good point there. But still wouldn't the tonal difference be contrasting, don't HO pickups have a little more midrange?