Today I rewired a fat strat copy with a GFS crunchy pat in the bridge and a lipstick tube in the neck.
They humbucker works fine, and I love the tone of it, but i think i may have screwed something up with the lipstick tube

The pickup doesn't make a sound when i hit a string or just let it sit, but hums when i touch it. Not the strings, or bridge or anything, but the pickup itself.

The strange thing is that it seems like most hum stops when you touch it, not start up.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what i've done wrong?
Do you think it could also be at the five way switch? I think that might explain the fact that it doesn't make any sound but I don't know.

This is the first time i've rewired a guitar
i would chheck a diagram, and your solder joints. your ground is obviously off since the buzzing and the stoppingwhen you touched it. your hot wire is obviously no soldered properly because there is no noise.
Quote by LP Addict
i would chheck a diagram, and your solder joints. your ground is obviously off since the buzzing and the stoppingwhen you touched it. your hot wire is obviously no soldered properly because there is no noise.

No, the hum STARTS when I touch it, thats why I'm confused.

Or is this just another kind of grounding problem?

I'm just using a standard strat wiring layout
I had something similar with my les paul - I had wired the jack backwards..............
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald