If you were to do like 100 sit ups a day, youd get muscle in your abs, but you'd lose a little bit of fat everywhere in your body depending on how much your work out.

Is this correct?
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Maybe?

Look it up?

Tell us after?

Are these reasonable questions?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
As long as you are burning enough calories, you will lose weight. Granted, 100 sit-ups won't get rid of a double chin nearly as fast as love handles, but still.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Quote by MattAnderson111
If you were to do like 100 sit ups a day, youd get muscle in your abs, but you'd lose a little bit of fat everywhere in your body depending on how much your work out.

Is this correct?

The beginning is correct (from personal experience), but I'm not sure about the losing of fat because my diet sucks. So I would say the combination of the two would work (in addition to cardio [running, walking])
Quote by MattAnderson111

Is this correct?

A negligible amount, I'm sure.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I hope so. I'm trying to work out whenever i can. but my dad refuses to sign our family up for the YMCA so I'm limited to situps and crunches and push ups and stuff. But to get rid of fat quicker, and increase leg muscle, endurance, and stamina, cardio stuff would help. (running, walking, biking)
GO YANKEES!
The short answer is: no.

The way you get your abs to show is by having a low body fat percentage. You do this by eating well and doing cardio. Sit ups will just make your abs more "pronounced." And 100 sit ups a day is way too much. Do weighted ab exercises 2-3 times a week.
Quote by Ross724
3.14 pie or the delicious crusted treat we all know and love?

Quote by MightyAl
Therefore your argument is rubbish, as well as being full of profanity and anti-Semitic. Are you Mel gibson, by any chance?
well the more u do the more u burn, but u have to do a lot for some results, i mean, u cant do 1 every minute or so, they have to be consistant obviously.
I used to do 100 sit ups a day. Didn't lose much fat, ate way too much junk for that. But I was able to do sit ups with weights behind my back. I was the only person in school able to do that.
Signatures are overrated.
As long as you have a decent diet (i.e. not 2000 or so calories of just junk food) and you are consistent(not just sit-ups, you should also consider at least some toning exercises with small amounts of weight as well as running/cardio) then you will see better results. sometimes it can be a very slow process and some people can drop weight like its nothing. Just keep your head up and keep on workin out
Bottom line regardless of what you do:
Calories in > Calories out = Weight Gain
Calories in < Calories out = Weight Loss

I read recently some foods have "negative calories" such as celery, in that you burn more calories chewing and digesting it than you get from eating it.

I've been dieting BTW
I've seen people ask about ab exercises in the pit before and half the responses said that you should only do them every other day because of lactic acid. What happened to that...?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT