Poll: Have you gotten your wisdom teeth removed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you gotten your wisdom teeth removed?
Yeah
31 31%
No
35 35%
Im going to
25 25%
Im too retarded to have wisdom teeth
8 8%
Voters: 99.
Hey Pit,

Anyone here got their wisdom teeth removed yet? I got mine removed a week ago from today and i have a question.

My teeth were impacted (meaning the teeth had like no room to grow in) and it left holes in my mouth. i just discovered the holes last night, and i have a syringe to get food out of there. which sucks.

my question is, do the holes go away?

EDIT: Okay, so i have another question. If there is a little bit of food in the holes, will they still heal okay?

Cuz i cant get them out, and i've been at it for a half an hour. I cant wait till these holes are gone...
Last edited by The Spoon at Aug 31, 2008,
Yeah, I had some teeth pulled a few months ago. I'm not sure of the process, but they eventually fill up. About a week or two.
yea it'll be gone. make sure you flush the holes at least every night with the syringe and ideally with some diluted mouthwash so that it doesn't get infected
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
don't smoke or you'll get dry sockets
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul
Cheap Acoustic
Marshall MG10
Peavy TNT130

Pheeew. I thought i would be stuck with those forever.

How long does it take to fill in?

And they gave me penicillin and oxycodone. it was very nice when i took 3 of those.
Quote by The Spoon
Hey Pit,

Anyone here got their wisdom teeth removed yet? I got mine removed a week ago from today and i have a question.

My teeth were impacted (meaning the teeth had like no room to grow in) and it left holes in my mouth. i just discovered the holes last night, and i have a syringe to get food out of there. which sucks.

im about to have it done, is it painful? did you get root canal?!?
i have. it really wasnt that bad. i didnt have a whole lot of pain. after about 2 weeks i was pretty much back to normal.

so overall, my experience with it wasnt too bad.
i got mine out Tuesday. they gave me generic percocet.

i had almost no pain, i only take the percs be4 bed. i was eating hard foods Thursday, it only hurts when i bend over or my bloods pumping.

the doctor said "all the boys laugh when they wake up from the anesthesia and all the girls cry and both dont no why". i laughed my ass off the hour ride home and took percocet and danced around my house lol.

they also have me on an antibiotic, ibuprofin, and the saltwater rinse.
they actually fill in pretty quickly, I had mine out a few months ago and the holes have been filled in for a while, just don't let food stay in them for very long and do whatever else the doctors told you to do to prevent infection.
Last edited by greatone_12 at Aug 30, 2008,
I'm getting mine out soon.
I'm going to miss them.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by TSmitty6
i got mine out Tuesday. they gave me generic percocet.

i had almost no pain, i only take the percs be4 bed. i was eating hard foods Thursday, it only hurts when i bend over or my bloods pumping.

the doctor said "all the boys laugh when they wake up from the anesthesia and all the girls cry and both dont no why". i laughed my ass off the hour ride home and took percocet and danced around my house lol.

they also have me on an antibiotic, ibuprofin, and the saltwater rinse.

Understandable.
Quote by Zan3
im about to have it done, is it painful? did you get root canal?!?

No way. Not at all. Dont believe anyone if they say it hurts.

Im talking during the procedure though.

They gave me laughing gas, which made me not have a care in the world. So i asked the nurse her age and the doctors age and he came in while i was guessing...i said 100...and he put the needle in my arm...but im going off on a tangent...

but yeah, they give you anesthesia and you fall asleep.

you wake up thinking they are going to start it, but its already over. you are drooling blood and you can barely sit up straight.

once the anesthesia wears off, if you dont eat painkillers, its going to hurt...pretty bad. but if you do, you got nothing to worry about.
Quote by Zan3
Understandable.

indeed, the doctors there r notorious for half-conscious rapes.
Yeah they do eventually haha.

That was the worst Spring Break ever.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by TSmitty6
indeed, the doctors there r notorious for half-conscious rapes.

i just pretend im unconscious
My wisdom teeth were coming in sideways, so they had to cut open my gums to remove them. I wasn't asleep, either. They used local anesthetics to numb as much as they could. As much as they could. Oh yeah. I felt it.

Anyways, long story short, they yanked 'em and put me on vicodin, amoxycillin, and ibuprofen for two weeks.
I had 4 of them removed. Got em stitched up, and got put on Tylenol w/ Codeine...
My cheeks looked like chipmunks, and when they eventually came down my breath smelled horrible. Gargle with saltwater. Everyday. No matter what!
The holes will heal eventually though.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
i gotta get them surgically removed because somehow i have SIX wisdom teeth. the dentist says if they come in, it'll fck up my teeth and i'll definitely need braces for a few years. i'm 19 so i'll pass on starting braces.
my sister had hers taken out today, quite the experience. she was blatantly exaggerating the pain, which is really quite pathetic to see in a 20 year old. my mom is a complete wuss, she kept fussing all day like my sister was on her death bed. she was whispering all day throughout the house too, as if speaking at a normal volume would worsen my sister's condition.

mine haven't quite grown in yet, but i'm sure i'll have to have them taken out eventually. i'm almost looking forward to it. yummy opiates. i'm envious of those of you who are prescribed oxycodone for wisdom teeth though, around here people only get vicodin, but w/e, good enough.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Lolol. Being high is kinda overrated. But thats not the point of this thread.

Yeah, my parents were being more scared about it than i was. My dad nearly fainted, but he has a weak stomach i think. He didnt like seeing me like that. And my mom acted like i was going to die too.

My face got soo swollen though. It was hilarious. I only put ice on like twice though. And i used heat maybe three times. Which is probably why it took so long for the swelling to go away.
i had them removed in middle school

i bled for 3 days straight, it was like a mouth period D:
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
i have 3, and none of them hurt. therefore, i do not need to get them removed.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Okay, so i have another question. If there is a little bit of food in the holes, will they still heal okay?

Cuz i cant get them out, and i've been at it for a half an hour. I cant wait till these holes are gone...
Quote by The Spoon
Okay, so i have another question. If there is a little bit of food in the holes, will they still heal okay?

If by like, food chunks? They should go away, just keep drinking water and flush it around. Next time you brush your teeth, just get back there, either with a toothpick or just brush really well.

The holes should grow fine, the food will be broken down eventually.

Quote by Killedelphia19

I second this

I think that means you fall under the "retard" part of the poll.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
I had them removed. I was sitting in the chair and then they put the needle in my arm, next thing I know I was sitting in the reception area with my mouth full of gauze and my jaw was numb. I only took 1 dose of the loratab they gave me after the procedure and they didn't hurt after that. I was eating a cheeseburger and fries two days after. The point of the story is that it really isn't bad at all. I even got four days off work.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I don't plan on getting my wisdom teeth pulled. I could live with my tonsils, I know I can live with my wisdom teeth. **** dentists.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
Quote by brandon369852
If by like, food chunks? They should go away, just keep drinking water and flush it around. Next time you brush your teeth, just get back there, either with a toothpick or just brush really well.

The holes should grow fine, the food will be broken down eventually.

Yeah, food chunks. I try swishing water, but they're pretty much lodged in there.

How long did it take for your holes to disappear?
Quote by The Spoon
Yeah, food chunks. I try swishing water, but they're pretty much lodged in there.

How long did it take for your holes to disappear?

I actually haven't gotten mine out.

I got a tooth pulled, basically same thing, and you just have to be patient, they will grow back. If you have any concerns though, ask your dentist, he can help more than I can.

Try taking a toothpick? Or just brush your teeth, specifically in the back, after every meal you eat. You should be brushing your teeth after every meal anyways.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
As for holes, they don't completely go away. I got my wisdom teeth out last october and the holes have healed up completely and have filled in for the most part, but there are still some small holes where the teeth used to be. Nothing big though, food never gets stuck in them because they are too small, but they are still there. It's nothing to worry about, I don't even notice them.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Did anyone get those disolvable stitches that come up and poke ur gums and it hurts like a bitch? That hurt more than the holes from the surgery.

Edit: All I ate for a week was Jello and Soup, and that didnt get stuck in the holes, try that?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by The Spoon
Hey Pit,

EDIT: Okay, so i have another question. If there is a little bit of food in the holes, will they still heal okay?

Punny