Page 1 of 6
Yes, I know this is the Metal forum and that we're here to talk about Metal, but I would like to talk about everyone's guilty pleasures. It can be any genre. I'm just curious, and I'm not wanting to start a flame thread at all. I will be respectful of anyone's guilty pleasures as long as they are respectful of mine. So, I'll go first. I'd have to say Underoath is my biggest guilty pleasure. I've been into them for a long while and I'm actually starting to get into their music again. I can't excuse myself of this crime to Metal, but what can I do? Haha! Other guilty pleasures are As I Lay Dying, Relient K, and The Temptations (That's just good music, so back off!).

So.....what are your guilty pleasures? Don't say you don't have one, because most people do.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
I love My Chemical Romance. I don't know why, but I just do, I also love many emo/screamo bands.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Nelly Furtado, Rihanna, Korn, Lamb of God, Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, Velvet Revolver, Mindless Self Indulgence, and... yeah...

Quote by piratemetalhead
Nelly Furtado, Rihanna, Korn, Lamb of God, Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, Velvet Revolver, Mindless Self Indulgence, and... yeah...

Dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuun! You already win!
Kate Nash is one of my favorite artists, but i don't exactly feel guilty about it, causeeee she's awesome

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
I like taking a piss in the shower

But music wise I freakin love reggae and cyprus hill
I truly am my own redeemer
Blindly I follow none but myself
Without fear I am
Unhallowed be my name

Myself am hell and hell I shall unleash
I laugh at Thee to scorn
Mock Thy majesty
Pour forth my chalice ov victory
classical...and grunge (alice in chains though mind you)
Call me Jack
Ohh my god look how gay you guys are for liking things that aren't not metal!!!!

I like Dragonforce, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Foo Fighters, and, Alanis Morrisette
Quote by Colgate Total
[lisp]You guys are gay![/lisp]

I really like Blink 182.

They're one of my biggest inspirations, as they are all I listened to in 5th - 6th grade.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, Slipknot, Moby, Linkin Park, Deftones, Eminem, Fiona Apple, Green Day, Placebo, Stereophonics, Third Eye Blind...

I blame growing up in the 90's...
Phil Collins,Journey,Bon Jovi,Toto and .........................Shakira!.But it's alright because she has a small african american child mummified in a music video of hers so she's obviously metal, kinda sounds like a goat as well.\m/
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

RHCP, RATM, BB King, Jonny lang, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, the boneshakers, infectious grooves, clutch....yea

moar.... LoG, Killswitch engage (seriously howard is a good singer), KoRn
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Aug 30, 2008,
I must say: Alanis Morisette, LOG, The Offsrping (first album I ever bought was Smash), Soundgarden and few others I can't think of right now :P
There shouldnt be such thing as a guilty pleasure. Who is to say what you listen to is shameful? Listen to what you want.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I reckon it's just a blanket term for things that you enjoy which fall into a category of things you don't usually enjoy.

Edit - on second thought i don't know if that makes much sense
The only other genre than Metal I really ENJOY listening to is Classical music, but you shouldn't feel guilty just because you're listening to other genres, people may listen to (almost) whatever they like.
Abba were wicked, and The Manic Street Preachers have been my favorite band since as long as I can remember, but they are genuinely awesome so it doesn't matter. Even if they've been jumped on by the hipster wankers in the last few years.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
I'm not ashamed of anything I listen to. I flaunt my incredible open-mindedness anywhere I can, so that people may know that I am OPEN-MINDED and DIVERSE.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I like Red Hot Chili Peppers, hehe, well, not that much into them, but what ive heard from time to time, i think sounds good.. Not so Black Metal, harh. ANyways..
Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Lamb of God, Marilyn Manson, Eminem, Anastacia, Bullet For My Valentine, Thrice, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Alter Bridge, Creed, Cradle of Filth, Dragonforce, all of the Metal Gear Solid soundtracks, Oasis, Offspring, My Chemical Romance, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and ****loads more.

not guilty of them, but all stuff most of you guys would look down upon.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Pffft

If I'm drunk and in a good mood I'll gladly listen to ANYTHING

QFT.

Except shite metal. If something like Six Feet Under came on, Id just ignore it.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
The thing is when your drunk enough, you don't care that the music is crap.

At least I don't.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Glamour of the Kill, I heard a few songs by them, and one had an almost Maiden-like harmony in the intro and I was hooked on that.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by powerhead
I reckon it's just a blanket term for things that you enjoy which fall into a category of things you don't usually enjoy.

Edit - on second thought i don't know if that makes much sense

I look at it as the songs you know are poorly written and have little artistic value from your standpoint, but you actually just dig for a catchy chorus or beat or because the song is funny is to you. I listen to allot of Jazz and Jazz fusion but i genuinely appreciate that music. Rather then Bon Jovi-Livin On A Prayer were i just think the opening effect is cool and the song is catchy.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Last edited by Riffmast at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by dead-fish
I'm not ashamed of anything I listen to. I flaunt my incredible open-mindedness anywhere I can, so that people may know that I am OPEN-MINDED and DIVERSE.

My meaning for creating this thread was just to get an idea of what some of you br00tal maniacs listened to when Metal wasn't in your CD player. Didn't think I'd see Rihanna be one, lol! YOUR DIVERSE!
listen to techno when i'm not listening to metal
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
By no means a guilty pleasure, but I loooooooooove me some Primus.
I guess extreme metal is my guilty pleasure, at least because of the misconceptions on most people's parts of most metal.
IE, someone asks me what I like to listen to, I kind of freeze up for a second. If I say metal, they'll probably think Trivium and Slipknot. I say death metal, they'll think I ritualistically sacrifice virgin goats.
I dig Mudvayne, Chevelle, and POD a lot.

Killswitch Engage's Alive or Just Breathing is an amazing album.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?