D minor or A major
idk why but whenever I jam I somehow always land on them
I enjoy C natural minor but I like playing in modes based around the c diminished chord.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
I often use D minor, and despite my metal influences, I hate soloing in Em.

I write quite a bit in Am and F#m as well. F#m is a cool key because you can play

A-2-4--
E-0-2--

kind of stuff. Play around with that b7 on the low E string.
^ i don't understand why you do so despise soloing in E, i love it. personally though my favorite keys are E minor, D minor (in drop D) C# minor, A minor and B minor. all of those have lots of open chords in them which is probably why i like them so much.

edit: BGC reminded me, F# minor too.
btw what is the difference?
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III
Cubase SX3
^^ What is the difference in what?
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Quote by Conca

People just tend to have a habbit of writing in certain keys with out noticing.

I know I do. It depends on the tuning with me, or if I'm composing on piano, A minor is always easy. I also have a habbit of playing in C# minor on piano aswell.

Also, I've read stuff about notes having it's own individual properties. Don't know much about that though.
Quote by Conca

On guitar, there isn't one (besides the benefits of having notes available on open strings)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
A major, capo on the second, using G formation. Bluegrass FTW!
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
A Major/F# - it's just easy for me to write songs in A. They sound great and as simple or complicated as I like.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by Regression
I also have a habbit of playing in C# minor on piano aswell.
E major/C# minor seems to have some sort of symmetry on piano which appeals to me a lot. And Moonlight sonata is in C#
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
E major/C# minor seems to have some sort of symmetry on piano which appeals to me a lot. And Moonlight sonata is in C#

Yeah, a lot of romantic-era classical is in C# minor. Chopin, Beethoven, etc. It has a melancholy feel to it for some reason. Every time I hear a new song in C# minor, I recognize it because I relate it to Moonlight sonata. After all, it's one semitone away from the saddest key .