Ok on GnR Sweet Child of Mine I use straight downpicks in the intro. Should I alt pick this?? Or is this okay. I can play it at full speed using downpicks. When I try to alt pick I screw up alot more even when going alot slower.

I can alt pick pretty well, it's not like I can't alt but on the intro to this song I can't alt pick to save my life. Should I take it back to step on and alt pick or just keep going with downpicks on this one??

Thanks guys.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
I'd say if you alt-pick and got that down for the intro then it would sound alot better, but Im exactly the same way with Crazy Train
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
Do whatever you like, it will sound the same, well technically downpicking it will sound better rythymatically.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

the intro was a alternate picking exercise...wasnt it? idk, anyways just practice the alt. picking
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
It's all down to preference; if it works for you downpicked, so be it. If it works alt picked, fine. I personally play it with a mix of down and up picking, but with no strict pattern to it(just hit the damn strings!).
Id go with alt picking. i only use down picking it steady like chops as in seek and destroys verse riff