Hi Guys!

Im lookin at new pickups for my Epiphone LP Standard and i was thinking somthing like Jimmy Page's pickups however i've seen several different pictures where Jimmy's Pickups were different, for example one picture had him with pickups where one was covered and the other was not covered and then another where they both where covered... and i was just wonderin what they where... and(if you know..) why?)

I know this one is a little hard to tell both pickups are covered but the other picture i had wouldn't show up for some reason...
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top ~ Tranparent Amber

Jay Turser JT57FTM ~ Strat. Replica **First guitar**

*If you would like an Avatar like mine(except with your favorite band) Message me and I'll make one for you *
Quote by mattvl

cool.. unfortunatly im not great at wiring.. i was going to get the guitar techs at the music store to switch my pickups maybe ill show em' this and tell them i want it done this way thank alot man...
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top ~ Tranparent Amber

Jay Turser JT57FTM ~ Strat. Replica **First guitar**

*If you would like an Avatar like mine(except with your favorite band) Message me and I'll make one for you *
I think Jimmy switches them out a lot. But Gibson did issue a burstbucker based on his main LP. Good luck finding those. But to be honest just any good P.A.F.-esque humbucker should help you get what you want.
The GOTM a couple a months ago was pretty informative. Apparently now he's using some Seymour Duncan PAF in the bridge (probably an SD 59). I'll see if I can find anything more.
He just has loads of guitars...most pros are nowhere near as anally obsessive about their equipment as their fans

they just pick up a guitar, plug into an amp and fiddle aroud until they get a sound they like, that's probably the most valuable lesson they have to teach us. What amp do you have anyway?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
PAFs from April '69 through February '72 . The bridge was uncovered in November '69 revealing a white PAF and remained uncovered through February '72.

Shortly after the Australian tour in February '72 the bridge pickup failed and was replaced with a Gibson T-Top (a late 60's/early 70's Gibson pickup). The T-Top remained covered through Led Zeppelin and a little while after evenutally being uncovered around '88, it was a double black T-Top.

Sometime in the early to mid 90's, I still do not have a definite date, the T-Top was replaced with a custom Seymour Duncan, it too was also a double black pickup and remained uncovered. The specs aren't exactly known. If the "Pagebucker" in the Gibson replica is anything indication, it comes in at 8.3k with an Alnico 3 magnet. This possibly backs up claims of the Seymour Duncan being a '59 with an A3 magnet.

The neck PAF remained covered since the day he got it and remains in the guitar to this day. Measures in at 8.1k.

Notice there's no mention of the "Jimmy Page Wiring." It wasn't used during Led Zeppelin, and his #1 never got the full switching, only a single push/pull for phase switching.

Please do not get confused with his #2 Les Paul which also had an uncovered white PAF in 1975. Two different guitars read the link forsaknazrael posted for more details and pics.

Quote by steven seagull
He just has loads of guitars...most pros are nowhere near as anally obsessive about their equipment as their fans

I think I just proved your point