Sorry I was looking all over the forums for a drum section for 5 minutes then I realized the site was called ultimate-guitar lol. Well anyways if this is the wrong plays I apologize.

Today I went to Guitar Center with a friend. I play guitar and he plays drums. Im not that good at guitar I only know 1 full song but hes really good at drums. After I was done looking in the guitar amp section I went into the drum section where he was shopping and I sat down on one of the electronic drumsets andput on the headphones. I just started randomly hitting everything since I dont really know any beats and I fell in love with it. I was like holyS*** this thing is sweet.

Well I was looking online and it seems like a good one costs at least $1000
I was looking at this one and wanted to know what a good one was. Thanks for reading all of that.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-TD3SW-VCompact-Electronic-Drum-Set?sku=447838

Also what is a good pair of headphones that I can get to plug into since I dont want an amp.
Last edited by SharpShoot3r07 at Aug 30, 2008,
i think this one is ok, i played it at best buy (mine has like a mini guitarcenter in it, its crazy but i love it, they do price comparison too!) i really loved the sounds, it sound good, and natural, of course, there are alot of pros to and electric drum set (no new symbols, every drum you need is there ect.) basically i say that one is fine but you'll need a bass drum pedal (its not included). puls down the line if you want a better sound, you can always just get a new brain or something
NO! if you want a set get a Pearl Forum seris. Its a real set and you wont develop a dependency on electronic sets. let me explain that cause you probably didnt understand the lingo. when you play on an electric set you get used to being able to do things easier, then when you play a real set it makes it that much harder.
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Yeah but I wont be taking it seriously since my main instrument is a guitar. I want an electronic one because they are quieter if you have headphones. Does the one I posted have 1 or 2 bass pedals?
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Yeah but I wont be taking it seriously since my main instrument is a guitar. I want an electronic one because they are quieter if you have headphones. Does the one I posted have 1 or 2 bass pedals?

the one you posted doesnt come with a bass pedal, you have to buy it separate, but it can use a double bass if you buy one.

i say go for it, if you're just planning on messing with it, it'd be cool to have, plus its way easier for recording.
i find real drums a bit easier, the skins just 'bounce' right

TD3 kits however, are fun as hell and i'd recommend them for anyone who wants to jam at night or practice while living in an apartment.

I'd be lost without my customized TD-6!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Sorry I was looking all over the forums for a drum section for 5 minutes then I realized the site was called ultimate-guitar lol. Well anyways if this is the wrong plays I apologize.

Today I went to Guitar Center with a friend. I play guitar and he plays drums. Im not that good at guitar I only know 1 full song but hes really good at drums. After I was done looking in the guitar amp section I went into the drum section where he was shopping and I sat down on one of the electronic drumsets andput on the headphones. I just started randomly hitting everything since I dont really know any beats and I fell in love with it. I was like holyS*** this thing is sweet.

Well I was looking online and it seems like a good one costs at least $1000
I was looking at this one and wanted to know what a good one was. Thanks for reading all of that.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-TD3SW-VCompact-Electronic-Drum-Set?sku=447838

Also what is a good pair of headphones that I can get to plug into since I dont want an amp.

ive got it its great. download ezdrummer and load it up on it perfect
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
great I guess it doesnt come with a bass pedal so thats another $300 for a double bass =(

80 dollar mapex ones are good. i have a double dont use it all that much tbh. Just to heel toe.
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
great I guess it doesnt come with a bass pedal so thats another $300 for a double bass =(

look on craigslist, I'm sure you'll find a cheap one there eventually, unless you live in the middle of nowhere