I'm wondering if any guitars have 6 pickups, one for each string, with a tone for each to control how each string sounds? Would this have any benefit tone wise, or just be over complicated and the same as having the six bump things?
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
The Kramer Ripley Stereo Guitar....each string had it's own output so they could be sent to different parts of the stereo "picture".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the gibson hd 6x pro les paul. its amazing, it records each string as its own track and you can put different effects on each string. like a flanger on 1 and the a few choruses on the g and the high e and then an auto wah on the d. its cool. look it up on gibson.

robot guitars suck
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Quote by xFinnellx
the gibson hd 6x pro les paul. its amazing, it records each string as its own track and you can put different effects on each string. like a flanger on 1 and the a few choruses on the g and the high e and then an auto wah on the d. its cool. look it up on gibson.

robot guitars suck

thats a really good guitar idea you could do so much with it 6 diffrent amps at diffrents settings tonal mania and u can have billians of marshalls omg i want one ill rob a bank( im joking so dont blame me if one gets robbed)
i beta tested an early version of gibsons lp with the hexaphonic pickup about 4-5 years ago and although it was pretty nifty being able to output each string individually it's also extremely pointless and the sort of thing that really has very little use. havent tried the newest version of it though i imagine its no different than the version i tried already.

just because something can be done does not mean it should be done.
While not the same thing, Italia make a bass with a lipstick tube for each string.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
There are several guitars out there that try to do this, but there are alot of problems with doing it. It is next to impossible to get it to work perfectly because as one string vibrates it will be picked up by the PU that is suposed to pick it up and by the ones beside it. It seems pretty pointless.

At one point I thought about making some sort of like spliter that would split off the lower frqs, and the higher frqs so that you could send them through different effects and amps. Like say take the lower freqs, give them less distortion, and send them through a bass amp, to keep them nice and tight, but send the rest through a more highly distorted guitar amp.