ALRIGHT, i gotta learn Crushcrushcrush by paramore for friday the song is easy as piss too play but i cant remember it anyhelp anyone ?
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
look at a tab?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
yeh been doing that but i just cant remember it and we are playing on friday at school
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
practice practice practice
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Okay, so you need to remember the song. You've looked up tabs and still you can't remember it. What do you want us to do?
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
i have i'm jus sayiong is there any easier ways to remember it
i've been trying for a few hours and can only get the first four or so bars
don't try to learn the whole thing at once
learn one or two phrases, get them good then move onto the next ones
well play it with the music

and how long did you have to learn it?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Quote by TheTankShredder
i have i'm jus sayiong is there any easier ways to remember it
i've been trying for a few hours and can only get the first four or so bars

The whole song is repetative, there isn't that much to remember. If you can't remember it, music really isn't your thing.
Huh? Dude you're on a friggin tab site. Look up the tab and learn the song. Just perform it with the music in front of you.

EDIT: ^^ Harsh bro.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Last edited by zackR at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by zackR
Huh? Dude you're on a friggin tab site. Look up the tab and learn the song. Just perform it with the music in front of you.

EDIT: ^^ Harsh bro.

Huh? Me?

Well, if you have a week to learn it, there isn't a whole lot to it.

About 6-7 different sections. Spend an hour a day on it, that's about an hour to learn/remember each section.
What do you expect us to do? Force you to listen to it and play it repeatedly? This is such a dumb question.
I usually have the same problem... If the song is too easy i just sight read it but don't actually memorize it but if its something hard as hell i remember that... Just break it down part by part, i'm assuming paramore has the standard verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus format... So first attempt to learn the verse well enough untill you can do it without looking at the tab.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
I learn a song pattern by pattern which helps me remember
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I find that if I say the names of the notes (in my head) that I can remember them a lot easier than E4, A6...etc.
Learn all the riffs. Then write out a song order according to those riffs and play it along to the record. Done. Nice and simple.Works for anything non progressive.
as opposed to the approach people have said here of learning things riff by riff and then learning when they repeat (which works okay) i find it is better to just memorize the song note by note, rest by rest, start to finish. because i get confused trying to remember how many times im supposed to repeat each thing, it is just easier to play it note by note if that means anything to you, if im just talking out my ass then forget it.

but my way is definitely more effective for big band style pieces with less repetition though
BE HAPPY

Quote by ajmasterjaydude
so this kid at my school microwaved brussel sprouts for lunch, and when he was about to eat them one of them exploded on his face and burned him. i like turtles

in a thread about malmsteen^