So i was looking up some cheap tube amps here on UG and realised there twice the price here (And that was after a price conversion from US to Australian dollars)

So... I found the amp of my dreams, looked it up at my local music store... Over $1000 for something i thought was going to be $800...

Now I'm back to square one.

The blackheart Little Giant looks good. I can get the combo for $750 (I checked its $750 AUD with shipping ) Or the head + cab for $900 AUD. Whats the difference between the combo and the head+cab?

Thanks

PS: If you have suggestions for other decent sounding, cheap tube amps (Under about $500US) that would be very helpful
There ain't really a difference tonally or feature wise between the head/cab and the combo AFAIK.

What do you want to play?
Quote by imgooley
There ain't really a difference tonally or feature wise between the head/cab and the combo AFAIK.

What do you want to play?

Rock+Metal but i know i cant get high gain metal tones from a cheap tube amp.

Clean to semi-heavy hard rock tones.
I'm going to guess that you're looking at Billy Hyde, because they're one of the only shops I know of in Australia with the Blackheart. So, they also stock the Crate V series amps (which I'm currently looking into, in case anyone's keeping tabs on the number of times I've recommended these)... I believe these would be a great alternative, with some added power in case you want to play over a drummer with some mates or something (that's the reason I'm looking at them). They're also a great alternative to the Peavey Classics which get a lot of praise on these forums (and arent quite as readily available in Australia I dont think). Basically what I'm trying to say is, I think the V18 would be an excellent choice.

If not, and you want to stick with the smaller Blackheart, I'd go with the combo, because its cheaper, and still has a nice 12" Eminence if I recall.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by syk3d
I'm going to guess that you're looking at Billy Hyde, because they're one of the only shops I know of in Australia with the Blackheart. So, they also stock the Crate V series amps (which I'm currently looking into, in case anyone's keeping tabs on the number of times I've recommended these)... I believe these would be a great alternative, with some added power in case you want to play over a drummer with some mates or something (that's the reason I'm looking at them). They're also a great alternative to the Peavey Classics which get a lot of praise on these forums (and arent quite as readily available in Australia I dont think). Basically what I'm trying to say is, I think the V18 would be an excellent choice.

If not, and you want to stick with the smaller Blackheart, I'd go with the combo, because its cheaper, and still has a nice 12" Eminence if I recall.

Im looking at many sites but yes. Billy hyde is the main one im looking at.

Crate V series? Ok il look it up
You'll find some weird prices on the Billy Hyde site by the way. That's because they've got the old ones listed, and they're much more expensive than the newer ones.
Quote by imthehitcher

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I think you could look at www.thomann.de and buy an amp off their, cause Europe and Australia use the same mains now I think (Aus is 230-240V and Europe is 220-230V I think). I was gonna get a powerball off their but I found a H&K Trilogy which is just a sweet amp, it's easier with all the warranty and shiz, but yeah. Give Thomann a try, it may not be for you but whatever.
Quote by syk3d
You'll find some weird prices on the Billy Hyde site by the way. That's because they've got the old ones listed, and they're much more expensive than the newer ones.

When i have the cash i'l check out how much it will cost to order one from my local music store.

Why are the old ones more expensive than the new ones and why do Billy Hyde sell the old stuff?
I'm not quite sure. I think its just because they havent updated their site and its prices. So when the newer, cheaper ones came out, they didn't fix the old ones.

Plus the older ones are different, and I think more people liked the older ones over the newer ones.
Quote by imthehitcher

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.