right, im looking intobuying a new cheapish bass amp. i dont have much money as im a student at the moment, and i need a new amp for small gigs.

i play hard rock/metal mostly and like the duff mckagen sort of tone.

i've been looking at the 300watt marshall MB4410 combo and it looks like quite a good deal. if you've played it, id like to what its like, if you've got a suggestion about another similar bass amp - feel free to suggest away lol.

Thanks, any replies are greatly appreciated.
whats your price range

and i dont think people here like marshall bass amps
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-600H-Bass-Amp-Head-?sku=480429

and

These
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-410T-4X10-Deep-Bass-Cabinet-with-Tweeter?sku=605032
+
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-115-1X15-Deep-Bass-Cabinet?sku=605030

Total = $800. 50 cheaper, and you get a MAG. We here in the bass forum like our mags.

Theres nothing essentially wrong with marshall bass amps. I just dont like them. Also note that that amp isnt actaully 450w unless you have an extension cab with it. Which means more money. The way it is new on its own is only 300w RMS output.
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Aug 30, 2008,
them ashdowns seem good for the money, plus having a half stack would be awesome, but they seem to cost alot more in the UK (which is where i live) seems a shame really.

the head itself costs like £300+

i will only have about £400 to spend on equipment in all. thanks for the advice tho
Look at some hartke. they are pretty cheap and lots of people like their tone. but none can beat ashdown in that price range.
right, someone i know has offered me a warwick sweet 15 for £100.

anyone played one of them?
Quote by Hi_Slash
right, someone i know has offered me a warwick sweet 15 for £100.

anyone played one of them?

I have one. It's a great amp, that normally retails around £275. Very loud and powerful for the advertised wattage. Easily competes with, if not more powerful than a MAG 300 without an extension cab.

I have the old 4 band EQ version, and that is more than enough to get most tones out of it. The newer ones have an 8 band graphic, though you are probably getting an old one.

The speaker + tweeter combination gives a fairly round tone, though the tweeter gives plenty of definition.

It's a great amp, especially for that price.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i have the 4210 and i think its great

i needed the power for gigs on a tight budget, MAG300 combos are only 180w without an extra £150 cab

i tried it out and i was pretty pessamistic, "its a MG for bass" and all that. im primarily a guitar player so im not too hot on bass tone and such, but it sounded fine and can cope with a hellish loud drummer.

i dont see what all the hate's about. the MAGs i tried honestly didnt sound as good as i remembered them and theyre waaay expensive

/2 cents
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by gm jack
I have one. It's a great amp, that normally retails around £275. Very loud and powerful for the advertised wattage. Easily competes with, if not more powerful than a MAG 300 without an extension cab.

I have the old 4 band EQ version, and that is more than enough to get most tones out of it. The newer ones have an 8 band graphic, though you are probably getting an old one.

The speaker + tweeter combination gives a fairly round tone, though the tweeter gives plenty of definition.

It's a great amp, especially for that price.

+1

I have that amp too, I prefer it over my TAFE's (College) Ampeg B2-RE with 4x10 Ampeg Cab
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects