ive been playing a while now and whenever i play songs like holiday by green day which a mostly power chords my middle finger and little finger(pinky) hurt quite a lot and i have to stop playing. i do warm up exercises and all that stuff before i play.

but those two fingers always end up ether slightly bent or dead straight and ether way it hurts like hell.
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
^ that sounds a bit wierd but i'll try it
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
only do that if you can,
how long have you been playing? maybe your fingers just arent used to it, when i first learnt power chords (a few months ago) my hand hurt like heck, just keep doing it over and over again (in other words, PRACTICE) and before you know it, it'll be second nature to you
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Play 2 stringed ones with 1st finger and 3rd finger. Just put zeh pinkaahh (4th finger) behind it for a 3 fingered one, it's the best way IMO
Play 2 stringed ones with 1st finger and 3rd finger. Just put zeh pinkaahh (4th finger) behind it for a 3 fingered one, it's the best way IMO

I personally prefer to use the 3rd over 2 strings for 3-string powerchords.
I use first and third fingers. When I add the octave to the powerchord I just do a "semi bar" with my third fingers. Advantage of using your third finger is that you can mute the rest of the strings.
Just wait till your fingers are ready for it. It happened to me.. then the pain eventually stopped.