Well, I have a guitar with a floyd rose and I can do divebombs, I can do them farely well. But I cant seem to get them to last that long. I think the longest I've held one was like, 4seconds. I think its because of my amp(Spider III) but I dont know. I mean, it could be my technique. For divebombs on frest 3-7, I do it with the bar hanging over my EMGs. For frets 9-15, I do it with the bar hanging over the body. Someone, help me with making my divebombs sustain longer.
Thanks.
mute the string you aren´t playing
the spider sucks but if you have it on the insane channel you acn make them last longer
and practice a little more :P
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
I know it's the 'Dime' way to do it, but I never found doing divebombs with the bar the other way round (dunking it) was very economical. It's harder to pull up than push down. You need to get a good harmonic, but that doesn't always require hitting the strings hard, just in the right places, so search around for the right spots without using the bar, then add the bar in afterwards.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
I know it's the 'Dime' way to do it, but I never found doing divebombs with the bar the other way round (dunking it) was very economical. It's harder to pull up than push down. You need to get a good harmonic, but that doesn't always require hitting the strings hard, just in the right places, so search around for the right spots without using the bar, then add the bar in afterwards.

Whoa. You have to hit it? I just wait for "the right moment" and just tap it.

I sometimes dunk it, it takes a bit of time to get used to, but I've always found I have more control going down while dunking. My hand hits the body the other way around, so I can't go very far.
what trem is it? the quality of the trem (its sustain block etc.), and also the quality of the amp will play a big part.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DashBlaster
Whoa. You have to hit it? I just wait for "the right moment" and just tap it.

I sometimes dunk it, it takes a bit of time to get used to, but I've always found I have more control going down while dunking. My hand hits the body the other way around, so I can't go very far.

My bad, I was explaining it the way I do it, the Satch way, which involves using your right hand to play the harmonic (with pick) whist holding on to the bar, so you kind of have to hit it, with the pick, if that makes sense.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join