So when i get to uni in September im gonna join the karate club.

Does any1 else do karate and how has it gonna about with helping your fitness?

im currently a gym freak and will alternate between the two during the week hopefully trying to loose weight witht he karate and build muscle at the gym
Quote by breadstick
Well I've never seen a fat karate master...

I have. Loads of them. It will help with your fitness but doing it once a week wont get you fit. Train hard everyday and you'll get fit. But that applies to any sport.
I used to do Judo

I reckon it's a bit different though
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
You probably will lose some weight. You'll also gain quite a bit of... control I guess over your reflexes.

Instead of flinching you will react, if that makes sense. But that's after a long while of it.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I really loved it... until they start making you learn all those ridiculously long sequences of moves. What is it, katas?
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by Lin
I really loved it... until they start making you learn all those ridiculously long sequences of moves. What is it, katas?

i remember when i was young and did karate i used to hate those, hopefully ill be able to remember them this time lol
i got up to 3rd kyu in wado-ryu, and i loved it, but it got soo expensive...

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
It doesn't really build muscle too much, but it will definitely increase fitness.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
yea Ive spent a while doing it, i started when i was 5 and did it untill i was 17, im 19 now.

if you plan on going into touraments, dont build up your muscle in the long run its going slow you down. ALOT.
speed if everythink in that game.
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

I take Isshinryu Karate. It will help your fitness, especially if you go very often. And yeah, katas suck. At least the first ones do, then they get cool names, like Naihanchi and Wansu,
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Karates awsome man. It's not fun if your not doing as good as you can. Try real real hard and push your self and try sweating more than anyone else in your whole class. It gets AMAZINGLY fun in about 2 years. Just make sure you don't go to shotokan karate, that's a waste of space and time.