Hey UG.

Thought id do a review of the Vintage "Lemon Drop" designed by Trev Wilkinson, based off Peter Greens old les paul that Gary Moore inherited.

First off the guitar looks **** on, all the dents in all the right places, the flipped neck pickup, even down to the screw holes for the "old" tuners and the scratch plate! The cap (which i guess at the price is a veneer) is great, matches up nicely, with a nice finish, no poly here!

Okay, now for the build. We have a glued neck, LP scale with 22 frets, the neck is relatively skinny (though i have large hands) and incredible comfortable, finished in what feels like satin, which is super slick and dosent stick when you sweat, which is great.

Electronics wise we have 2 Wilkinson humbuckers, but in true tribute form, the neck pickup is A) upside down and B) wired out of phase, to get those dark bluesy tones ala mr green and moore!

Plugging it into 2 different things in this review, first a 14 W Kustom combo amp and my main rig, which is Amplitube 2.

The Kustom gives nice driven blues tones, a great sound overall, a little bitey with the bridge pickup, but with a limited EQ, i cant complain.

Next im going through a Marshall style head with 2 4x12 cabs in Amplitube metal, with the OD in front, the amp is set to a Gary Moore style sound, and it delivers, oh yes it delivers, sounds like mr moore and reacts very well, the neck pickup sounds AMAZING playing parissiene Walkways!

My only gripe is that the nut is a little sticky and the tone controls are a little slow to respond, otherwise, AMAZING!

I got the guitar for £299 inc gigbag from the Computer and Guitar shop on the west cliff in whitby, great service and price!

I reccomend anyone who wants a guitar that does anything from blues to metal in the £200-300 category to get this guitar!

Ill post pics soon!

PC
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Just to be an arse, but there is a review section that you can post in...

But nice choice on guitar, Vintage's are ace!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I love the vintage range, I think in years to come, they may be looked on in the way Tokai is now, but I wish they would make higher end guitars as well, the ones I see are fairly cheap.
I have a Vintage sg for sale myself, and I was blown away by the price and playability, I am only selling as I really want a strat type guitar, I have not played the vintage Icon, but I am tempted to now.
I also love PG, and want to mod my pick ups on my main guitar , but I am not sure how to do it.
The fret kings are also amazing instruments!

We had an espirit at work, that thing rocked so hard!
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!