I'm purchasing an acoustic-electric in a few weeks and was wondering what effect pedals really go with acoustics. I'm thinking of John Butler type set ups. I've already got an Ibanez Weeping Demon, Digitech delay, Marshall Vibrotrem, Digitech Bass Driver, which I plan to play round with, but wanted a bit more variety and versatility.

Cheers, Jb.
boss phaser
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
reverb and chorus.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Get some tremolo going, make sure it's on of the adjustable one's though(most of them are) if you get it going slow enough you can imitate a Leslie speaker, it sounds pretty sweet on an acoustic
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
i dont think you should need any effects for acoustic, perhaps if you have no control of your picking dynamics get a compressor.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i dont think you should need any effects for acoustic, perhaps if you have no control of your picking dynamics get a compressor.

Thanks guys, I forgot to add I already have an Ibanez CH7 Chorus flange pedal, and a tremolo. In terms of picking dynamics, Ive got control, Im just really into having a range of effects to produce background sounds/forefront lines with my acoustic gig mate.

But thanks, a compressor would go well. Any other pedal suggestions chea_man?
this isnt for guitar, however, if you sing, i suggest a harmonizer. it add 2 3 and 4 part harmonies along with your singing voice in real time. very cool for solo acoustic/singing gigs.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
this isnt for guitar, however, if you sing, i suggest a harmonizer. it add 2 3 and 4 part harmonies along with your singing voice in real time. very cool for solo acoustic/singing gigs.

Yeah I am a singer and actually watched a few vids of the digitech harmonizer on youtube the other day and it sounded really good, I might invest, thanks for the reminder.
^check out TC helicon, they have guitar, vocal and vocal correction harmonizers.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=vocal&st=

i haven't been able to try one yet, but they seem really fun and easy to use.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011