Hey Guys
So i have a problem. I've been in 2 or 3 bands now and i have a new band starting in just a week or so and it seems like every time i have a band, the volume of the singer is always a problem. I have used a 15 watt amp and that didn't work, i used a big ghetto Kareoke Machine and that didn't work either. I'm 16 so money is a little tight for me as well so what do you guys think we should get so then hearing the singer won't be a problem and we'll be able to get alot of use out of it

Thanks Alot
I MADE UP THE SONG MASTER EXPLODER
the best that u can do is just turn everything down, i hook myself up to a crappy karoke mic
i have a roland piano amp with mic plugins so it works well
consider getting a PA system? otherwise just turn everything else down, you don't have to always play so damn loud
Quote by MaXiMuse
If you turn the volume of the guitars down then you hear the drum too loud. So let him use special sticks so it`s not so loud. Then crank the volume up on the 15 watt and you`ll probably hear your singer

i was assuming they had already muted the drums
but yah, i bought those foam pads for the snare and toms and then i use bamboo brush sticks which sound better than the wire ones, more like real drum sticks,
i muted my cymbals but they sound really crappy and i usually end up taking them off half way through
did you stuff your kickdrum and floor tom?
Quote by ubtguitarist
consider getting a PA system? otherwise just turn everything else down, you don't have to always play so damn loud

I got a second hand 150W PA system with two knackered old speakers for £150. We can hear our singer fine now.
I feel so lucky right now... The drummer in one of my bands has a PA system with 2 big yamaha monitors and a nice mixer in the basement, and the bassist of the other brings his PA and a nice big monitor to practice every time.

If vocals are becoming an issue, you need a PA. If guitars and bass are not loud enough... than you'll have to save for some more powerful amps (TUBE AMPS!)