So, I'm interested in Tokai Love Rock Les Paul copies but winded up confused with all the models names and stuffs.

There is the LS85, LS95, LS100 and so on... Some people say they all have the same quality but only differ by small details like quilt/maple top, pickups etc... Others say the quality goes up with the number.

Any Tokai expert here can help me?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
So, I'm interested in Tokai Love Rock Les Paul copies but winded up confused with all the models names and stuffs.

There is the LS85, LS95, LS100 and so on... Some people say they all have the same quality but only differ by small details like quilt/maple top, pickups etc... Others say the quality goes up with the number.

Any Tokai expert here can help me?

Not an expert, but the experts hang out at http://www.tokairegistry.com/

or download the catalog and see the specs of the models.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Tokai guitars are really confusing when it comes to model numbers and such. The number that comes after LS is the MSRP in Japanese yen. The main difference between the ls80-ls90 models are aesthetic. It goes from solid finishes to quilted and flamed veneer tops. I believe 80-90 are two piece tops. Higher model numbers have solid tops and upgraded electronics. Check out www.tokairegistry.com and its associated forums for more detail.

I have a LS-85f and I love it.
I think i got the general idea after browsing that forum. Thanks

One question though... I owned a Edwards 85SD before and now looking at this Tokai i'm interested in. Both have the TOM bridge screwed directly into the wood, no screw studs or anything. Is this suppose to be good or bad?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I am actually looking for a springy sound tokai myself, has anyone else played one, how do they rate against a usa fender strat
I've got the LS80, great guitar. Beefy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by stereohigh
I am actually looking for a springy sound tokai myself, has anyone else played one, how do they rate against a usa fender strat

i have an '84 goldstar (they changed the name from springysound after being sued, i think). it could use a refret (it's been played, i got it second-hand off ebay), but i'd vastly prefer it to a USA fender strat. it's more of a vintage-style strat though, if you don't like the 7.25" radius, 21 frets etc., you might want to look elsewhere.

i assume springysounds are equally as good, they're more sought-after at least.

if you want more info, the tokai registry forums and japanaxe forums would be worth a look, they'll have people who can help you who are experts in these guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?