so i'm considering buying new pickups for my ibanez 320fm. I've been looking at dimarzios, i've played evo's alot in Ibanez Jems and tone zones once or twice.

but i have a couple questions about buying them.

1. what is the difference between f-spacing and standard. also which will i need for my guitar if there is a significant difference.

2. are there any websites in the Uk that sell the dimarzios in difference colours? Eg. i want some black and blue ones like i've seen on the dimarzio website. but i would settle for black or zebra coloured.

3. would anyone reccomend a good neck pickup to compliment an Evo or Tone Zone?

thanks.

sorry if this is the wrong forum
Measure the string spacing over the pickups - 48 mm is standard spacing, 51.5mm is F spaced. If you want coloured ones order them direct from MiRep, and as far as what to get that entirely depends on your amp and the kind of tones you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
alright thanks. my nez has a floating trem so i assume it'll be f-spaced?

i'll look into MiRep, i saw there website the other day but it was under construction or something

Edit: i have a randall RG series amp, about 30watt just for small gigs and practicing. and i occasionaly use my metal zone. mostly i was nice smooth cleans and big metal sounds. Eg. Machine head to Tool style tones for overdrive
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
alright thanks. my nez has a floating trem so i assume it'll be f-spaced?

i'll look into MiRep, i saw there website the other day but it was under construction or something

Edit: i have a randall RG series amp, about 30watt just for small gigs and practicing. and i occasionaly use my metal zone. mostly i was nice smooth cleans and big metal sounds. Eg. Machine head to Tool style tones for overdrive

You don't want Evos then, and I doubt the Tone Zone is what you want either..you'd be better off with a pair of Breeds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Azwethinkwedo
i'll check them out. is the breed neck pickup good?

Very much so, it's a cracking neck pickup...these clips are of a breed-equipped guitar running through a moderate high gain tube amp, the clean ones give you the best idea of the pickup characteristics.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Last edited by steven seagull at Aug 30, 2008,