I have a Jackson DK2S and I'm looking for a better metal tone then I have now. When I plug my guitar through a Boss Metal Zone pedal -> Line 6: Spider III 75W amp will it be very good or just decent? I'm looking for a tone that handles rock guitar solo's, Dream Theater, Metallica but maybe even heavier stuff like Sepultura

My current amp is Ibanez Tuneblaster 25W and my pedal (don't laugh) Behringer Ultra Metal 100 so I should improve that I decided
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
No, it'll still sound very bad.
You solution: Don't get the boss metal zone, and get something like a Bugera or Randall RG50TC
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm afraid it'll be terrible, the Spider is a poor amp, the MT2 is a poor pedal and they won't work well together either...it'd just be an unholy mess of noise.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
go for a bugera amp and then get something like a tube screamer or a blues driver to give the amp a bit of an extra push for soloing
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by darkarbiter7
No, it'll still sound very bad.
You solution: Don't get the boss metal zone, and get something like a Bugera or Randall RG50TC

don't get a booger, but do check out some randalls.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
^Bugeras were pretty good for the price. But I agree, the Randall RG50TC was a bit better.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

If it's possible, I suggest you try the Bugera out at some store. For the price of that Randall you can get a Bugera off Thomann with a 3 year warranty, and although I haven't played the Randall myself, I've heard negative things about it's tone.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Is the Tube Screamer mainly for solo's or can I use it as an distortion pedal for Megadeth, Metallica, etc... (for the rhythm parts)
Quote by razorback91

It's just an overdrive. You can use it as a boost for solos, or use it to tighten up your amp and add a bit of gain.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
So you can for example combine the distortion that's already on your amp (presuming that the distortion on the Randall is 10x better then the dist. on my Ibanez) with the pedal
Quote by razorback91

Yeah, and trust me anything will sound better than the amp you have now.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
That's awesome. Thanks!
Quote by razorback91