Page 1 of 3
what do you do when life gets really hard pit?

ive been suffering from severe depression for two years now, and im really struggling. I'm on anti depressants, but they're not working. I dont know what to do, coz I'm in a really bad way... and suggesting that I kill myself really is not going to be funny, because I have already tried. I'm booked in to see a pyschiatrist, and I already see a psychologist, and have been for two years.

Pit, this is brutal, im in hell

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated

Sanity is not statistical
oh...i thought this was about when the bread gets hard on those pizzas you put in the oven.

i made one yesertday and it was still soft
Oh, life getting hard. I was confused for a second.

But I'm sorry I can't really help you, good luck trying to get over it though.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Fap.

Oh wait, you said life...

Fap.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
well its good you're going to see someone, keep that up, try to be with people a lot and enjoy life, and do not kill urself, its rediculous, and totally not worth it, plus we pit monkeys would miss ya :]

PS bad idea asking the pit a serious question haha
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Kill yourself.

Or you can try to find out what's making you depressed and try to get rid of it.

Parents being too pushy? You can move out.

Girl left you? She didn't deserve you.

Got fired from your job? You'll get another, you got the experience, that's what counts.

Now if you have some medical condition or some addiction, then we can talk more.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by dantheguitarist
I thought the title meant something else at first...

I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
dude don't even consider suicide. this is NEVER the way. if things are as bad as u say they are then they can only start to get better. keep thinking this. your life can only get better and everyday you live you're taking another step towards the good life. suicide is not the answer tho man.
thanks guys, i appreciate the serious answers

and im not sure whats causing it, but i dont know what the hell to do

im 15, and ive dropped out of school, and im going to go back once i get this **** worked out.... but its so hard

I make a list of all the good things in life.

Serious like, coz thing is, when you do tyhat, and you see everything thats good and cool and fun and whatnot, you see how it outweighs the crap.
PSN: Noverion
I'm sorry you're in this position. I have a suggestion though. Find something worthwhile to do with your life, like helping others. Volunteer somewhere, it's really worth it. Helping others is going to help you find a purpose for yourself to keep on living, and it'll give you a sense of self-worth. Give it a shot, nothing bad could come of it.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Misleading title is misleading
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
You need to go out and look at the positives of life. Every time life screws me over I go out with some friends and just do whatever and try to have a great time and eventually you will realize that there really is no point in being depressed.
Listen to Paradsie City. A lot.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Rub one out.

Oh you mean life? When my life gets hard, I go meet some friends, have a good time, do something fun (she doesn't have to be hot, but she has to been fun).

Just go out and enjoy the time we have on this lovely planet
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
thanks guys, i appreciate the serious answers

and im not sure whats causing it, but i dont know what the hell to do

im 15, and ive dropped out of school, and im going to go back once i get this **** worked out.... but its so hard

Dude, dropping out probably didn't help. Exercise, it gets endorphins up and if you start doing it regularly it will make a huge difference. Get outside, join a club, do stuff that interests you, you'll get out of this rut, you just have to believe in yourself. Medication can only help so much, you've got to take the steps to end this once and for all. I know that's extremely hard when you're actually depressed, but it will be better for you in the end.

Quote by Arrived+Dparted
I'm sorry you're in this position. I have a suggestion though. Find something worthwhile to do with your life, like helping others. Volunteer somewhere, it's really worth it. Helping others is going to help you find a purpose for yourself to keep on living, and it'll give you a sense of self-worth. Give it a shot, nothing bad could come of it.

+1
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Flipaningage
what's the difference between a phsychologist and a pshychiatrist??

Pyschiatrists analyse you, sit you down, take notes, work out the deeper problems, and they can prescribe meds.

Pyschologists really can only talk about stuff, thats it

guys, i really appreciate all this, and im trying to do everything to get over it... its just so hard at the moment, and the reason im not dead, is that i agree with you guys, suicide isnt the answer.... but like i said, im living through hell everyday, i cant sleep, i dont eat, i could break down and bawl my eyes out at any time, and my anger is rediculous.... i dont get angry, i go into a rage, and tear walls up and ****, and then burst out in tears and cry like a little girl for half an hour

Life is like a dick, When its soft its easy and hard to beat. When its hard you get screwed.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
Pyschiatrists analyse you, sit you down, take notes, work out the deeper problems, and they can prescribe meds.

guys, i really appreciate all this, and im trying to do everything to get over it... its just so hard at the moment, and the reason im not dead, is that i agree with you guys, suicide isnt the answer.... but like i said, im living through hell everyday, i cant sleep, i dont eat, i could break down and bawl my eyes out at any time, and my anger is rediculous.... i dont get angry, i go into a rage, and tear walls up and ****, and then burst out in tears and cry like a little girl for half an hour

Why are you angry? What makes you life hell?
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
Life is like a dick, When its soft its easy and hard to beat. When its hard you get screwed.

Lovely
Quote by Shred Head

If he knew that than the problem would be a lot closer to being fixed, therapy will help him find that out and fix it.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker

i respect you A LOT man. living with this must be a hell that i can't even imagine and you going on day after day takes real strength. right now it's going to suck like hell. everything is going to hurt and sting but keep thinkign of your goal, the future. trying now will make sure that in the future you don't have to live another day in the hell you must be in. i really respect you man.
Quote by StreetLight3989
If he knew that than the problem would be a lot closer to being fixed, therapy will help him find that out and fix it.

Surely there must be something or someone in his life that causes it. This should be easily identified in his response and rectified
Quote by Shred Head

Lovely

oh dude, you got a spare hour?

nahh, im not an emo, they piss me off bad, because now people with long dark hair like me who are genuinely depressed cop **** because of it... its a load of ****

but i do have one serious question... does weed help?

Become emo. That's what everyone else does.

And just for the record, you could have written "When LIFE gets hard"
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Just be happy man, try and find the happy things in life, if you're going through bad times, say to yourself that you'll make it through.. life will always turn out well, try and make the best of it, no matter how hard life is...

Try finding answers in different music.. listen to some different stuff, try writing stuff, emit your pain through music, that will help...

Like Chuckles said, find something to look forward too... it'll make your life seem more exciting if you want something...

And like Arrived said, volunteer... it WILL make you feel wanted and make you feel like your life has meaning, which feels like a million bucks... Just go for it...

All-in-all, just look for happy things in life, get a pet, they'll love you no matter what, and you'll feel great...

Good luck to ya eh

Dumebuggy
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Quote by Low_End_Rocker

nahh, im not an emo, they piss me off bad, because now people with long dark hair like me who are genuinely depressed cop **** because of it... its a load of ****

I have a lot of free time. PM me if your serious, 'coz I surely am.

I guess weed might help. Not for long though. Please don't start doing drugs or drinking
Quote by Masonpwiley
Just jerk off!

Oh... when life gets hard...

Just jerk off!

Quote by dgme92
Fap.

Oh wait, you said life...

Fap.

Whoops.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Rolling Stone is to the music industry what TheOnion.com is to news.

Ambivalence.
Quote by Flipaningage
what's the difference between a phsychologist and a pshychiatrist??

A psychiatrist can also give you meds.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
what do you do when life gets really hard pit?

ive been suffering from severe depression for two years now, and im really struggling. I'm on anti depressants, but they're not working. I dont know what to do, coz I'm in a really bad way... and suggesting that I kill myself really is not going to be funny, because I have already tried. I'm booked in to see a pyschiatrist, and I already see a psychologist, and have been for two years.

Pit, this is brutal, im in hell

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated

Find a hobby you can sink your teeth into? Learn a new skill that is totally out of your comfort zone? (Like Boxing or Judo or anything physical that requires agility and concentration).

Get a pet or volunteer at an animal shelter or homeless shelter or soup kitchen.

Good luck!
Quote by Les Paul57
i respect you A LOT man. living with this must be a hell that i can't even imagine and you going on day after day takes real strength. right now it's going to suck like hell. everything is going to hurt and sting but keep thinkign of your goal, the future. trying now will make sure that in the future you don't have to live another day in the hell you must be in. i really respect you man.

thanks dude, i really appreciate that, and it means alot too me that people are giving me serious advice, not just "FAP" or "KILL YOURSELF"

by the way, i'm crying right now, so i dunno, jokes or anything would be greatly appreciated

My father died last year, I was 15 years old at this time. He died because of cancer, but he was already suffering and kinda dying at least 1 year and a half before he actually died. So I saw him, almost everyday, dying in front of me, and I couldn't do anything. He was depressed too, and he stopped working, and doing anything. It was really hard (I mean ... REALLY hard for me). For about 8 months, I believed I had a psychosis, and I thought many times of suicide ... or murder :S and I didn't do anything of all that.

My father was the kind of man that shouldn't die, ever. He was a implicated in the society, he was generous and genious. Now I live with my brother and my mother, and right now, we are in a good situation. But not much later after my father died, it was a real hell. I mean, we owed for about 8000$ to some big companies (Visa...), and we had like no money.

So well, I think I went through something pretty similar to your case, and I passed through it. So, if I could give you a nice advice, I think it should be to distract yourself. Find something you really like to do, and do it. If you have any family or friends, they will all suffer if you die or kill yourself. Please, don't ever suicide, anybody. It's really one of the worst things that can happen to both yourself, and all the people you know. Try to believe in yourself, that you can get through it, with or without help, you choose (I strongly suggest with help). Try to see all the small good things that happen to you, instead of the bad things, you'll see, life should get better by itself, only by believing in yourself, and looking at good things instead of bad ones. I cannot tell you in how much time you will get better, cause really, it all depends on you, and how you decide to live.

If you find out to be in a really bad situation one day, before doing anything that you could regret, think about the consequenses it could have on yourself, and the people around you. And if you happen to kill yourself (which I strongly hope won't happen), let someone know it, by any ways you would prefer. Don't disappear like that, without anybody knowing it until someone finds your dead body ...

Finally, talk to people you can talk to. Tell them what you think, what you feel and everything ... Good luck with your life in the future ...
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Quote by Low_End_Rocker

It might make you feel better at the moment, but you don't want to rely on substances to make you feel better.
drugs make depression worse. it mite help a bit at first but it will make the depression even deeper and harder to get out of. i kno wlots of people who are really screwed up and depressed because of drugs, one guy can't leave his room and he painted all the walls black. it will only make it worse man.

and any time man. i sympathize with you because you must be really hurting.
Quote by Ippon
Find a hobby you can sink your teeth into? Learn a new skill that is totally out of your comfort zone? (Like Boxing or Judo or anything physical that requires agility and concentration).

Get a pet or volunteer at an animal shelter or homeless shelter or soup kitchen.

Good luck!

Those two would really help channel your aggression as would going to a gym
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
thanks dude, i really appreciate that, and it means alot too me that people are giving me serious advice, not just "FAP" or "KILL YOURSELF"

by the way, i'm crying right now, so i dunno, jokes or anything would be greatly appreciated

Jokes you say? clicky

Aww man, don't cry. It'll be ok.
Last edited by Shred Head at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by Low_End_Rocker

Yes, temporarily. But using weed to cure your depression only leads to serious addiction, since you only feel happy/happier while on weed. Not a good idea.

BTW, whenever you get angry, don't start tearing down walls. Go out and exercise, run like hell, whatever. Gets the adrenaline out of your system, makes you feel good AND you can get some serious muscle power ^^. This is probably the best cure for me while feeling down/angry.
Quote by jetfuel495

...holy **** the biggest ****ing golf cart ever just rolled past my backyard... i **** u not
Page 1 of 3