Hey UG, I have an ovation celebrity and am wanting to know whether or not me putting 13 guage strings on it in standard E tuning will hurt the guitar or need a change in set up. Im currenty using 10's
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
It will neeUSETHESEARCHBARd a change in setup, yes.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Ok thanks and i diUSETHESEARCHBARd but it didnt help
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by vegetable-jim
Hey UG, I have an ovation celebrity and am wanting to know whether or not me putting 13 guage strings on it in standard E tuning will hurt the guitar or need a change in set up. Im currenty using 10's

needs a change in set-up. my brother's acoustic is strung with 13s. he uses standard tuning.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
take it to a proffesional please, i had an ovation celebrity and i constantly change strings, WHAM the neck got all twisted out. BE careful those guitars are not the greatest at body structure.
i enjoy head
When you put heavier strings on a guitar, the action will tend to rise. if your action is really low then you might not need a setup. it really depends on each guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I just changed from .012's to .013's on my yamaha. I had to bring it in for truss rod adjustment.
They have also suggested that i have the bridge taken down a little as well, which i intend to do this week.
Going from .010 to .013 is a big step-up and your guitar would need a truss-rod adjustment for sure. Also, with .013 you will find barre cords lot harder after using .010 size.

Why not go up to .012 ? .010 is really an electric guitar size and I'm sure you would get a much better sound with .012 strings.