I've been playing guitar seriously for about a year and a half now, and I just feel like I'm stuck in a rut. Like I'm not getting anywhere. I was making progress for a while, then it just seemed to stop. I took lessons until the gas got too expensive to get back and forth, and I'm waiting for my family to move before I consider lessons again. I really don't know what I should be doing, what techniques to be learning. I like all types of music, so if there are certain songs I should be learning or something I'd definatley be open to hear them.. If you guys could give me any advice that would be awesome.

Thanks ahead of time, I'm sure I'll be thanking you later too.
what can you already do
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
This happens to everyone all the time and will happen throughout your playing just carry on with it and don't let it get you down.

If you feel that it is a technical thing I'd tell you to try something harder or learn more theory because adding in modes and different scales (such as the Mixolydian) makes your playing a lot fresher rather than staying in the pentatonic or blues scale all the time (this goes for blues playing particuarly).
Learn Iron Maiden's Trooper with the solo.

Quo Vadis' Silence Calls the Storm is a good song to learn too and not very difficult.
ಠ_ಠ
You're just in a lull. We all experience em. Learning guitar isn't linear, it happens in peaks and valleys, or "plateaus".

You'll play for weeks, sometimes months feeling like you aren't getting anywhere, then suddenly you get drasticly better in a short period of time, only to 'level out' again. It's frustrating, but just play through it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play