I'm already an accomplished bassist in my opinion, im in four bands and write all the music for one of those. My only problem is that i only play piano bass and drums, so when writing songs my guitarist usually has to either make it up himself of i have to play his part on bass, which is annoying

Basically i am going to buy a Epiphone Les Paul just for writing because i like bass.

i have a epiphone thunder bird and a 25 watt fender amp for practice.

QUESTION: can i just play my guitar out of my bass amp, or do i need to buy a guitar amp to prevent damage to either the guitar or the amp?

btw my band plays Indie stuff
it's fine. it would just lose a bit of treble.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
yeah it will just have like no treble lol i would just say buy a little 25 watt amp when u buy the guitar
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I have a question now, can you play a bass through a guitar amp without causing damage to the amp?
Quote by Furnase
I have a question now, can you play a bass through a guitar amp without causing damage to the amp?

I had a friend say he blew his amp when he played his bass through a guitar amp. I did it on low volume a few times when I was too broke for a bass amp and it was okay but if I tried to turn it up, it started getting crackly and what not so I stopped. So basically - I wouldn't recommend it. It doesn't sound as good either.
Quote by Furnase

No because a guitar amp can handle the frequencies a bass guitar puts out. It sounds like crap and can damage the amp.
Some friends of mine swear by playing their guitars through a bass amp. Of course, they play metal, and bass amps give the guitar a 'meaty' tone.

But yeah, Guitar -> bass amp is fine, Bass -> guitar amp will destroy the amp.