Okay, so i am trying to learn a solo for a music performance tonight. i can play it through perfectly. but i CANNOT memorize it!!
does anyone on here have tips for memorizing solos? i have about 5 more hours to memorize this thing so hurry please?????
how can you play it through perfectly if you can't memorize it?
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
just have music onstage, but in the long term you should really teach yourself to memorize.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

break it down into sections, and learn it section by section. or just memorize the patterns in it. try to figure out what scales the solo uses and just work from there
Try memorizing it piece by piece? Take a string of notes and memorize it while playing along with the audio of the piece (if you have it, that is, I'm assuming this isn't an original piece) until you have that section memorized. Next, go back and practice another string of notes until you have them memorized and then play both sections that you've learned so far. Keep stacking them like that and you should have it in no time. Hope that helps/works for you!

EDIT: Darn, kinda halfway beaten to it.
start sooner....and work it out in parts and mabey whats easyer and whats your faveorite, or look at it like beginnign middle and end like its a mini song
dont panic, just remember it in parts, nothing we can do from here, your better to try and memorize rather than sitting on pc
Quote by stef123
how can you play it through perfectly if you can't memorize it?

i can play it perfectly when i read the music.

Quote by m4l666
just have music onstage, but in the long term you should really teach yourself to memorize.

i can memorize stuff. i know alot of stuff that i hav memorized. i am just having trouble with this solo because it repeats alot
so it repeats a lot and that makes it harder to memorize? -.-
dude just play it over and over till you know it perfectly from heart.