#1
So I just got myself a Marshall MG10CD (because I'm a noob at guitar), plugged it in, plugged in my guitar and turned it on. It has two channels, clean and overdrive. When I turn on overdrive, there is this really bad buzz like static electricity happening, even if I haven't yet touched my strings. When I touch the strings (even faintly), the buzz dies.

Even weirder is that if I touch one of the screws on the amps casing, the buzz stops, like if I touched the strings. And no, the volume is not high at all, its like at 3/10 only.

Even in clean, there is a buzz, though no where as bad. HELP!
#2
Your guitars pick ups aren't grounded properly. Check for any loose wiring.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable


@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
#3
ya buzz for me too mith my telecaster...when i touch the tone and volume knobs on the guitar it stops...how do i check the wiring?? wat shud i be looking 4(i am a noob also!XD)
#4
I've only used my guitar for the 1st time today. I mean, can the wiring really be messed up already?
#5
It might have came out during shipping or something, so yes. All you have to is resolder it to the back of your guitar, or you can bring it ot a pro who hopefully won't charge more than 5 bucks haha.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp


Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.