ok im inspired to buy a new guitar for playing thrash and im left handed so what guitars can you recommend price isnt really too much of in isue but please under £!000 ($2000)

and same for amplifier as well?

any reccomendations?

influences: metallica, anthrax, megadeth, queensryche, judas priest etc
"i've fucked a sheep, i've fucked a goat, i rammed my cock right down it's throat! SO WHAT! SO WHAT!, SO WHAT! SO WHAT! YOU BORING LITTLE FUCK!"
Try some out first. You know best what tone you're looking for, and trying a variety of guitars and amps will give you a better idea of what's out there.

Personally I'm a big fan of a Fender (American made, can't stress that enough) Strat/Marshall JCM2000 half stack w/a TS-1. The guitar itself should run around $1000 - $1500 USD, while a JCM runs about $1500 and the cab around $600. Pricey, but you can pull just about any tone you could possibly want out of that setup.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by angelicatele
get a dean razorback and a vox valvetron 15 watt

TS: For a classic thrash metal set up you'll want a Jackson guitar with a Marshall amp (but dear God not an MG or an AVT).
you might wanna get a randall(not sure how much they are) I hear they are pretty good I use a peavey and the one I have a nice distortion the amp as for guitar I would go with either a Gibson 1984 explorer or a jackson
"I'm no professah!"
~Henry Rollins
Yeah, from personal experience as long as you don't mind a solid-state amp head, the Randall RG200 is a solid amp with some good distorted and clean tones, and it's pretty affordable at around $250
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Marshall JCM800 with a Tubescreamer to boost it, and maybe a Jackson of sorts.
Or, instead of the JCM, try out a Laney GH50L/GH100L/VH100R (depending on if you gig, how large those gigs are, and how much money you have to spend).
I strongly recommend the Laneys though, I have the GH50L and it's incredible. If you have the money, go for the VH100R though, it's like the GH50L, but with channel selection and I think reverb too...
That's my two cents.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
They do left handed guitar amps? Lmao.

thrash metal... er... maybe a Dean Razorback and Marshall or some sort?
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
For Lead Guitar (If you wanna pull wacky tremelo stuff, although you may not want it after a while) - Jackson Dinky, they have awesome left handed guitars.
For Rhythm or lead without a tremelo, I think Esp Les Pauls and Explorer's do the job nicely.

As for an amp, you really can't go wrong with a JCM800. They dominated the thrash scene, and still do. You might wanna invest in some solid pedals also.

Buy your amp second hand but from a reliable seller. Amp's are far too expensive brand new.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
don't, for the love of god buy a dean. they look cool but there build quality is not as good as there looks.

look into your standard superstrat type guitars, they are very versatile and you could easily go from playing the heaviest death metal to playing some wes montgomery. look into the ones that have a H/S/S or H/S/H set-up and a locking tremolo, simply because of the range of tones you can achieve (from the pick-ups) and for holding the tuning for longer (locking trem).

ibanez or jackson do the best but look into other brands, if you want H/H set-up with actives and locking trem go schecter.

on amps, i love oranges. so i personally reccomend one. if you wanna be more like "more knobs means more options" route then buy a Marshall (not that there is anything wrong with marshall, just the amount of knobs on some amps is overkill).
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...