Page 1 of 2
Watch how many views this gets...... it proves my point

Serious question: Why are we, as pit monkeys, and as humans, so attracted to spam threads within seconds, yet when someone has a simple serious question they can wait for hours or days without a reply?

This is intended to be a semi-serious discussion; the title was just to prove a point.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...
Because the majority of the users are immature teenagers.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

*reported*
Dont post after this...
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
*reported*
Dont post after this...

I seriously didn't mean for this to be a spam thread. It's supposed to be a serious discussion about human psychology, etc.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by Opeth_Death
I actually came in after I hovered and saw that it wasn't a discussion about penis.

I did the same haha
because 90% of the time it's more interesting to see what's going on in the spam thread than to read a boring question that's been asked 10,000 times (usually)

this only applies to uncommon spamming
i posted a serious question and got 3 pages of replies.... the key is in the name
i called the thread "when it gets hard"
use your own imagination

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by vartanspartan
I seriously didn't mean for this to be a spam thread. It's supposed to be a serious discussion about human psychology, etc.

I see...
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by vartanspartan

You can't have a serious discussion in the Pit when the title has 'penis' in it...
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

I click on spam threads to report the dirty bastards.

And to see the hilarity that generally ensues from mods and other posters.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Empathica1928
because 90% of the time it's more interesting to see what's going on in the spam thread than to read a boring question that's been asked 10,000 times (usually)

this only applies to uncommon spamming

yea i guess in a way spam kind of makes a forum more interesting and exciting, but at the same time it also detracts from serious threads.

Quote by spartan 118
Because the majority of the users are immature teenagers.

i'm an immature teenager too, i'll admit. but tbh i'll usually click on a spam thread to report it, not fan the flames. also i think it's a morbid curiosity to see if the spammer posted tubgirl or meatspin or something like that.

Quote by Low End Rocker
i posted a serious question and got 3 pages of replies.... the key is in the name
i called the thread "when it gets hard"
use your own imagination

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by ScottB.
I see...

woah dude, easy on the report button...

...or make sure you know what the thread is about before you do something like that!

anyways... i think it's because we're all immature and trying to prove to each other that we're cool. it's the nature of the Internet.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by ScottB.
*reported*
Dont post after this...

08er

This isn't a spam thread.
The TS has a point. You seem to have bought it blindly!!
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
anyways... i think it's because we're all immature and trying to prove to each other that we're cool. it's the nature of the Internet.

yea, everyone seems much more confident on the internet. but if someone references an internet meme in "real life" they're immediately labeled a nerd/loser by most people.
Quote by Trowzaa
I'm intrigued. But I must agree, Pit monkeys have an urge to be a part of something "epic" so that they can join the elite veterans and say they were part of it
Though lately i've felt the mods are going too tough on the pit.
Like almost everything is getting reported and even the half decent, funny threads which used to be left open a couple of years ago are getting closed in a matter of minutes.

Like the pit doesn't feel as much fun anymore. It was more free a couple of years ago and you could post a lot of **** and just like joke around without getting warned as much. Now days anything off topic or sorta like a joke and your post gets deleted and you could end up with a warning for it. Not too much fun anymore...
Quote by vartanspartan
if someone references an internet meme in "real life" they're immediately labeled a nerd/loser by most people.

Not me! I'm always quoting memes to passers-by!

Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by Shred Head
I'm intrigued. But I must agree, Pit monkeys have an urge to be a part of something "epic" so that they can join the elite veterans and say they were part of it

indeed

btw, couldnt sleep lol

Sanity is not statistical
Spam threads are hilarious
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by spartan 118
You can't have a serious discussion in the Pit when the title has 'penis' in it...

You can't have a serious discussion in the Pit when... It's the Pit!
Quote by af_the_fragile
Like almost everything is getting reported and even the half decent, funny threads which used to be left open a couple of years ago are getting closed in a matter of minutes.

Like the pit doesn't feel as much fun anymore. It was more free a couple of years ago and you could post a lot of **** and just like joke around without getting warned as much. Now days anything off topic or sorta like a joke and your post gets deleted and you could end up with a warning for it. Not too much fun anymore...

I'd much rather have a stricter Pit than one that has the whole first page of replies for any thread: "I Cum Blood" or "Faster Tom, Run", or "Insert Bannable Fruit Here".
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by af_the_fragile

On one hand it sucks, but on the other hand it's understandable that they don't want the pit turning into /b/.
Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
Spam threads are hilarious

not always though.
But as the dude mentioned its more about UGers need to be part of something "epic".
Im not...I just came in here to see what kind of an idiot im dealing with

Frankly, im disappointed
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by af_the_fragile
not always though.
But as the dude mentioned its more about UGers need to be part of something "epic".

Yeah, it makes me angry when I see someone say "Posting in epic thread."

I mean, okay, you posted in it, want a fucking medal?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Quote by af_the_fragile
not always though.

We call them idiots.

They've heard the epic tales of battles won on UG, but have yet to experience it. Sad really. Oh well, that's what happens when you're here 2 weeks.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Im not...I just came in here to see what kind of an idiot im dealing with

Frankly, im disappointed

lol is that an indirect compliment?

Quote by dgme92
They've heard the epic tales of battles won on UG, but have yet to experience it. Sad really. Oh well, that's what happens when you're here 2 weeks.

I'm an aug 08'er, but i didn't join to post in "teh epic threadz lulz", i joined so i can ask questions about guitar. I really have better ways to enjoy my life than posting in spam threads.
Quote by Trowzaa
Last edited by vartanspartan at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by restless_thrash
And this is the internet, people are able to do what they want.

Well obviously not. With all these nerds reporting threads rather than simply not posting in them. OMGZZZ!!!111! you brakezz teh rulzzz!!one111

What happened? being a narc is the lowest of the low, yet it seems to be cool here.
Quote by vartanspartan
On one hand it sucks, but on the other hand it's understandable that they don't want the pit turning into /b/.

Yup, but not to diss mods or anything but a lot of it seems to be about their liking. If someone popular starts up a stupid spammy thread, their thread will stay open of ages and it'll end up getting pretty popular.
While if some vaguely obscure UGer starts up an intelligent but slightly controversial thread, it'll end up getting closed pretty sure.

Just something i've seen happening in the pit a lot lately...

Quote by vartanspartan

I'm an aug 08'er, but i didn't join to post in "teh epic threadz lulz", i joined so i can ask questions about guitar. I really have better ways to enjoy my life than posting in spam threads.

You do seem to be one of the wiser 08ers...
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yup, but not to diss mods or anything but a lot of it seems to be about their liking. If someone popular starts up a stupid spammy thread, their thread will stay open of ages and it'll end up getting pretty popular.
While if some vaguely obscure UGer starts up an intelligent but slightly controversial thread, it'll end up getting closed pretty sure.

Just something i've seen happening in the pit a lot lately...

Well, that happens in real life too.

For example, team captains are picking people for a recreational sports team. Do you think they're going to pick their friends first, or people they don't know?
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty

Page 1 of 2