I have no idea which one to go with! Im not a fan of floyd rose, and so these are the two I have narrowed it down to according to that, and the amount of money I am willing to spend. Please shoot me some opinions!
Ibanez will be more mass-produced-y but Jackson (I don't think) won't be as good quality. The Japanese/Korean/wherever Ibanez factories are based are good at making lots and lots of good, solid guitars, but Jackson (USU) are more handmade-y (even though they're not) and tend to have more cool stuff but slightly less reliability. Mind you, my Ibanez used to break all the time, but now it's settled.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Isn't the Jackson discontinued? Either way personally for something in that range I would get something with a floyd then put in a tremo-no, I can easily go from hardtail to trem that way and do any kind of tuning I want. There both amazing guitars, but the maple top on the RGA is just secks, but the Soloist is a string thru and it has EMGz, really depends on what your style of playing is.
^^ WTF are you rambling about? Most of the stuff you said made no sense and the stuff that did was wrong...

Anyways, the differences between these two guitars aren't all that drastic. The biggest difference being that the Jackson comes with EMGs which if you like actives are better than the stock Ibanez pickups. The Jackson is also neck-thru so upper fret access is likely better.

The Ibanez does come with a maple cap on the body and it comes in colors other than black, which too me is a plus.

I recommend just playing them and finding which one feels better in your hands. They're both great guitars.
Quote by m4l666
Mind you, my Ibanez used to break all the time, but now it's settled.

well duh, its a rg370dx.

btw, i would go for the ibanez. prestige+maple top on a mahogany body+wicked neck(though the necks on the ibanez and jackson are almost identical)+decent pups=pure sex.
Can you play it in store?

Both guitars are made in Japan and are built to a decent standards; either way I don't think you'll find too many flaws with either guitar. The Ibanez RGA has a bolt on neck whilst the SLSLMG is a neck-thru (I think), so this may influence your decision. However, the AANJ makes the Ibanez have good access to higher frets so the bolt on isn't too bad.

Pickups wise, the Ibanez V series pickups aren't that good but you can swap them out to whatever you wish for; the EMGs the Jackson are a mainly tailored towards metal. on the other hand, you can sell the EMG's for profit and swap out the pickups. Depends on your tastes again.

Both guitars are equipped with mahogany bodies which means low ends are emphasised.

And I like to ask again; can you play it in store? Neck dimensions are completely different and it is pretty hard to convey how it feels since it's subjective.
Quote by Mwoit
Can you play it in store?

Both guitars are made in Japan and are built to a decent standards; either way I don't think you'll find too many flaws with either guitar. The Ibanez RGA has a bolt on neck whilst the SLSLMG is a neck-thru (I think), so this may influence your decision. However, the AANJ makes the Ibanez have good access to higher frets so the bolt on isn't too bad.

Pickups wise, the Ibanez V series pickups aren't that good but you can swap them out to whatever you wish for; the EMGs the Jackson are a mainly tailored towards metal. on the other hand, you can sell the EMG's for profit and swap out the pickups. Depends on your tastes again.

Both guitars are equipped with mahogany bodies which means low ends are emphasised.

And I like to ask again; can you play it in store? Neck dimensions are completely different and it is pretty hard to convey how it feels since it's subjective.

agreed. however, if you get one of the ibanezes with the maple top, they're pretty bright-sounding.

i haven't tried the slsmg, but i've tried the sl3, and if the slsmg is of similar quality, they're both nice guitars. as ever, you need to try them to see which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow, both are really good guitars. I guess it comes down to the feel of their necks, and what you're after tonewise (brighter guitar, warmer, etc.).