I was going to post in my old thread, but that was in the wrong place. What are the best pickups for surf, blues? Also, I can't decide between a Jazzmaster or a Strat, I like the glossed maple fretboard of the Strat, but I like the body of the Jazzmaster, ideas? Thanks.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Aug 30, 2008,
Jazzmaster body + Strat neck...
Surely best of both worlds....

I'm afraid i cant help you with the pickups though...
Adam
Thanks, that's what I thought I should do, but the neck is never glossed when sold, how could I re-gloss it.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Hmm, I honestly don't know for sure, but I'm fairly sure you could buy some neck gloss or something. It would probably be just applying a couple of coats of the stuff. But I'm afraid I don't know.

The other option though, could be to buy a 'used' neck which is 'glossy'. Shouldn't really be too hard to find.....
Adam
Thanks.
Quote by chip46
See if you can't find a jazzmaster with a wrecked neck. Then buy a maple strat neck for it off of warmoth or a similar site. For surf and blues you're definitely going to want some kind of a single coil pickups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not