Hey people

After a quick search, with no results I decided to ask the question thats been bugging me for a while... its a straight forward question... what is a killswicth? What does it do and how do you use it?

Thansk alot people
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
A switch that cuts the audio signal
Call me the rap assassinator. Rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger
You need 2 volume controls to do it.
set one pickup to 0, the other to full.
put the pickup selector switch in the middle and tap it to whatever pick up is on and it should sound then.

It cuts out the signal when you have it in the middle/off pickup.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
oh sweet cheers guys
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
put the pickup selector switch in the middle and tap it to whatever pick up is on and it should sound then.

thats how to make a makeshift killswitch, you can actually buy and install a little button to puton you guitar that will do this trick, you can make your own which i did, but make sure you do a good job...the wires are loose on mine, search up killswitch on youtube and you should find the video on how to make one
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
or you can do what i did and put a button in.

EDIT: ^ see?
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by 666-JoE-666
Hey people

After a quick search, with no results I decided to ask the question thats been bugging me for a while... its a straight forward question... what is a killswicth? What does it do and how do you use it?

Thansk alot people

your quick search should have been expanded to the gear building & customizing forum on here. there is a MASSIVE thread that will tell you more than you'd ever want to know about a killswitch.
Actually, I'd go for the button because if you overuse the pickup selector method, you'll brake it.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by black-sabbath

that only works on guitar with separate volume controls. if you have a guitar like mine which has one volume switch then it wont work and you have to get a killswitch installed