I need something translated:

abafa o caso

what does that mean? I'm pretty sure it's a phrase that means something other than it's literal translation. Any help would be great. thanks
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
no
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
thanks, but that page told me nothing.
I got the translation 'abafa the case' from google translator, so either the first word isnt a real word in portuguese or it has no english translation
I know a little bit of Portuguese but I don't know what that means. I think "caso" means case. As in, a situation I think. I don't know what "o" means. In, of, the, from... no clue.
Puta.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Ace88
Puta.

Rammstein- Te Quiero Puta
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
I just asked my father. He says it's literally something like "choke, or suffocate, the case." Like, keep the situation secret or hushed. Something along those lines though it's not a very straightforward way of saying that.
It might actually mean "case closed" in the same way we use it colloquially.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Trefellin
I just asked my father. He says it's literally something like "choke, or suffocate, the case." Like, keep the situation secret or hushed. Something along those lines though it's not a very straightforward way of saying that.

Yeah that's the right literal translation. That phrase is probably some kind of slang from some part of Brazil/Portugal/other portuguese speaking country
Quote by Masamune
Yeah that's the right literal translation. That phrase is probably some kind of slang from some part of Brazil/Portugal/other portuguese speaking country

Yeah, that's it. I thought it would be some kind of slang expression. My father didn't recognize it and he's from mainland Portugal. It must be Brazilian as you said. When you google that phrase, you get a bunch of hits from Bruno e Marrone, a musician from Brazil.
hi

"abafa o caso" means to hide a fact or to omit something

the word "abafa" is really a slang expression, so probably you won't find it in any deficient google translator.

"o caso" is translated by "the case", it can refer to a certain event or maybe information.

so by writing "abafa o caso" someone is giving you the order the hide or maybe destroy something that that person doesn't want anyone to know about.

i hope this was usefull

miguelpinheiro
sweet, thanks everyone
no its not "omit" something lol

its like, you do or say something embarassing, or some kind of gossip and the "victim" walks in, its like an expression telling them to shut up

edit: and its a brasillian one, the language might look and sound alike but people from portugal could be confused lol
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by mr_hacksaw
it means, "please pee in my butt"

then come down here saying that out loud

and see what happens
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Quote by the_extremist00
no its not "omit" something lol

its like, you do or say something embarassing, or some kind of gossip and the "victim" walks in, its like an expression telling them to shut up

edit: and its a brasillian one, the language might look and sound alike but people from portugal could be confused lol

ok, that makes the most sense in the context in which i heard it
Quote by miguelpinheiro
hi

"abafa o caso" means to hide a fact or to omit something

the word "abafa" is really a slang expression, so probably you won't find it in any deficient google translator.

"o caso" is translated by "the case", it can refer to a certain event or maybe information.

so by writing "abafa o caso" someone is giving you the order the hide or maybe destroy something that that person doesn't want anyone to know about.

i hope this was usefull

miguelpinheiro

He's right, "abafa" is 3rd person of "abafar" which has several meanings, this one meaning to impede from knowing.

Edit: My post seemed confusing, it's like "forget it" or "never mind"
Last edited by Thales at Aug 31, 2008,
estes tipos podiam ir todos levar na peida e arranjar um dicionário...

-now try to translate that
Quote by logboy
I got the translation 'abafa the case' from google translator, so either the first word isnt a real word in portuguese or it has no english translation