Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
or you can run them in stereo

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Or for A/B'ing

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
two amps, for different styles of play.

you'd need to carry a dummy load to have them both on going to one cab tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
two amps, for different styles of play.

you'd need to carry a dummy load to have them both on going to one cab tho.

Is that how you don't blow your amp? Always wondered what a "dummy load" was.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
yeah the signal from the head HAs to go somewhere.

so if you arent sending it to a cab then you need something like a $250 ABy switcher like something made from tonebone.

or you'll blow a tube amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

oh i thought he ment when a band has two of the same heads in their setup. I saw Bleeding Through and they had 2 Mesa Triple Rec heads stacked one on and one off. Thats what i thought he ment since he didnt specify different or the some heads.

But yeah usually if a band has two different heads, they have an A/B box to switch.

And then of course i saw Cancer Bats and they had a Mesa Triple Rec AND a 6505 head on top of each other. It all has to do with different sounds
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

^ could be it too.

i was just offering a different reason
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
^ could be it too.

i was just offering a different reason

ah. yeah its a bunch of different situations when the TS doesnt SPECIFY jp

Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

the only other idea would be to have a stereo cab and have each head go to different inputs. im was kinda thinking about doing something like that recently. combine a cleaner amp with an amp made more for being driven and use a combination of the sounds. i get goosebumps just thinking about how i think it would sound if i got it set up right...
for what it is worth...IbanezPsycho has done this with his 4x12 cab. PM him.

i believe he had 1/2 of the cab wired to his Peavey Ultra and the other 1/2 wired to his Valveking and ran both heads 'in stereo'. I believe he plugged the 1st Input jack of the Ultra into the 1st Input jack on the VK - but I may have that screwed up.

lol

I've done similar on my combos by plugging the 1st to the 1st between my FM212 and my VK112.
Ideally you would have a dummy load that is capable of absorbing however much power the inactive head is putting out, just in case something goes wrong. The Headbone series from Radial only offers enough load to absorb a dry output with no amplified signal, which means something as small as a delay tail could blow the switcher and therefore the amp as well. Quality head switchers with an adequate load are both rare and expensive. I think SoundSculpture discontinued theirs and C.A.E. might only be making them to order right now. I think Axess Electronics used to make one as well, but I haven't kept up to date on their current product line.

The easiest way is to go into a stereo cab, as mentioned. The downside to this is that if you're mic'ing the amp, you will now need two mic's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM