Today I got the deal of my life!! A Gibson Les Paul Standard for £60!!! My friends Bro had it and never plays it. He doesnt know jack about guitars, so I snatched it up! Got no way of uploading pics at the moment but as soon as I can I will
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
pics or it never happened...failing that stand outside Scrumptious on Blackpool road at around half seven in the morning and I can see it on my way to work
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^dude i'm so going to be there!

and pics or it didnt happen
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Very Lucky Man! Why do things like that never happen to me! lol

yaffle
w.a.i.t.i.n.g....

Want pics...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
But how did your friends brother get it? Surely he paid for it or something like that...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I need a camera of some sort for pics but will upload them as soon as i can. And too 2nd post for a real gibson for £60 would you give a crap?
Hahaha the mysterious seagull man works in Preston does he?....Interesting

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
I'm having a hard time believing this is true, because even if the person who sold you guitar doesn't know jack about them, he should know quite a bit about spending £1800 or however much they are over. I have a feeling it's just an Epi Special II with a Gibson truss rod cover.

But if you did get a real Gibson, congrats.
We'll need pics with a serial number to be sure you aren't shitting us.

Now you just need a decent amp.
^^haha, does it say baldwin on it too?

just messing TS i hope it's worth 10 grand, but honestly, pics or it's a ham sandwich.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I have nothing to take pics with at the moment. Im pretty sure it is a real gibson. I know for deffo it has gibson pickups because i checked at it has the logo on the back. I'll be a little disapointed if it isnt a real Gibson, but it plays real well and blows my Ibanez out of the water, so for £60 I wont be that bothered.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
You can always just tell us the serial number on the back.

But like you said, whether or not it's a real Gibson, it's probably a great deal.
pics or it didn't happen. 20 pounds of goose liver pate says its a knockoff.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The serial number is 91552406. Also my friend said his brother bought it in germany if thats any help?

EDIT- I just searched "Gibson Les Paul 91552406" in google and it came up with a website. That is the definatley the same guitar I have, his brother bought it second-hand apparently

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by 12joey.c12
The serial number is 91552406. Also my friend said his brother bought it in germany if thats any help?

EDIT- I just searched "Gibson Les Paul 91552406" in google and it came up with a website. That is the definatley the same guitar I have, his brother bought it second-hand apparently

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Made in USA Serial Number: 91552406
Bought 1992 in Nuremberg
No customization
Original Gibson Pickups
Original Gibson guitar case
Les Paul Standard Datasheet
Company website: www.gibson.com

Amazing! I bought a MIA Fender Strat for the same price, originally sold in Germany, too, for $60!

Koingkidink?

EDIT: go to http://www.heimhardt.com/htdocs/guitar/guitars.html
On a real Gibson does the serial number go down the headstock? Ive looked at pics and they dont and mine does . I think its a lemon tbh with you. Still plays really nice though

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by 12joey.c12
On a real Gibson does the serial number go down the headstock? Ive looked at pics and they dont and mine does . I think its a lemon tbh with you. Still plays really nice though

no, the numbers usually go across the top of the headstock. there is a video on youtube to help destinguish between a real gibson and a phoney. just click on the long line of iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

hope this helps.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by jj1565
^dude i'm so going to be there!

and pics or it didnt happen

cool, I'll buy you a bacon barm and a can of Vimto

Quote by 12joey.c12
Hahaha the mysterious seagull man works in Preston does he?....Interesting

indeed he does
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
How many screws does the truss rod cover have?
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius
Quote by Flying Couch

Now you just need a decent amp.

the 70 quid splawn will be comin soon.