I am looking for a gear setup for playing metal, Led Zeppelin through to Job For A Cowboy heaviness, so very wide variety. I play lead and rhythm, with occasionaly some clean/acoustic bits. I have an amp already (see sig) , but it sucks if you try and put effects on it and has no footswitch. I need stuff that I can switch live, and is versatile. Doesn't have to be only an amp, I'm flexible. Looking for stuff in the £100-£200 price range hopefully. Please help.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

You need to save up more. It will be very hard to find an amp that does metal and rock well for under £200.
laney or traynor. most flexable amps, from what i've heard.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
when you say 'switch live' you mean in your bedroom right?

Do you want a Hybrid or Modelling amp?

I hear the Roland Cubes, Peavey Vypyrs, Fender SuperChamps, are great amps but I don't know about the footswitch part. Crate Vs are on sale big time depending on where you are. There may be other amps too. Can you look used?

good luck
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
when you say 'switch live' you mean in your bedroom right?

Do you want a Hybrid or Modelling amp?

I hear the Roland Cubes, Peavey Vypyrs, Fender SuperChamps, are great amps but I don't know about the footswitch part. Crate Vs are on sale big time depending on where you are. There may be other amps too. Can you look used?

good luck

I mean live as in playing a concert. What did you think?

I don't want a modeller, something of the same type as Fender Frontmans. if that helps. And I need the footswitch to change tone in the middle of songs. So it needs two minimum channels/sounds that are footswitchable. And it doesn't have to be an amp, I was thinking a really basic amp and a multi-FX but that's pretty expensive. I can get used stuff.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

So you are looking for a distortion pedal to use thru the spider's clean setting? Why not just save up a bit more and get a good used amp?
What kinds of crowds are you playing to (how large)? Do you have a PA to hook up to?

If you want a good-sounding amp you're going to have to save more.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i advise a peavey valveking. i got one and there awsome. very versatile, and extreemly cheap.